PDA

View Full Version : Good Friday!

AngieDoogles
04-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Who else is off today?? If you are, do you have plans for your long weekend?

Chandra Amaya
04-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm never off lol. a stay at home mom. :D BUT my hubby's brother who hasn't seen in 3 yrs is coming to visit this weekend & meet his 2 yr old niece for the first time. He is in the airforce & shipping to Iraq soon. I know this sounds awful but I'm glad he is meeting her first ...just in case.

Gina
04-06-2007, 12:02 PM
I am off today, and have been running around since 8:30. Last August Gucci my yorkie had liver shunt surgery, today she had to go retest her bile acid tests. The last one 6 mts. was normal on one test and still elevated on the other pre and post. I am hoping that they are both normal, say a prayer for her , she gets her results on Tues. Iam also am cooking and cleaning for Easter.. Some day off huh..lol

Forgivenmom5
04-06-2007, 12:06 PM
I am off today, and have been running around since 8:30. Last August Gucci my yorkie had liver shunt surgery, today she had to go retest her bile acid tests. The last one 6 mts. was normal on one test and still elevated on the other pre and post. I am hoping that they are both normal, say a prayer for her , she gets her results on Tues. Iam also am cooking and cleaning for Easter.. Some day off huh..lol
Hope your yorkie is OK. I had a half day off and thought I would get so much accomplished......But...Because of Angela I'm sitting here on 4women talk--Oh well there is always tomorrow

AngieDoogles
04-06-2007, 12:06 PM

Wow! I'm so sorry about Gucci. That must be so scary. I hope the tests come back normal and you have a wonderful Easter!! Good luck!

Chandra Amaya
04-06-2007, 12:08 PM
ahh *hugs* best of luck on the results.

Janet
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Hope the test results are good Gina.

I have today off, had half a day off yesterday. I groomed all three and bathed them this morning..they look so nice and then the 4 little ones I shaved their ears, private areas and clipped their nails. Yeah!! Now I have a free weekend...for the most part...LOL

Mandy
04-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Good luck on the test results Gina, please come back and keep us posted!

Had the day ALL for myself, so i visited with my friend, we had not seen each other in a while, had lots of catching up to do. :)

Chandra Amaya
04-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Good luck on the test results Gina, please come back and keep us posted!

Had the day ALL for myself, so i visited with my friend, we had not seen each other in a while, had lots of catching up to do. :)
awww how nice Mandy. Glad you had a good day :D

DianaB
04-06-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm not "off" either because I'm a SAHM too. My weekend got really full yesterday when I offered to have my husband's family's Easter picnic at our home (Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Brothers, Sisters, and all of their families!!). We usually have it somewhere out in the country, but since it's so cold here I offered to have it here. We're thinking that we're going to have about 90 people in all (Am I insane? Check with me on Monday and I'll let you know!!)!

I have a full unfinished basement where the kids can play. We have pool, ping-pong, foosball, air hockey, darts, plus toys and stuff down there. My husband cleaned out the garage so we can put tables out there too. We have trails in the back yard for 4-wheelers and a little creek, for those who want to play in the water. Brrrrrr! But some will! My daughter's going swimming tomorrow because it's an Easter tradition (it doesn't matter that she's ALREADY been swimming several times already!!). I hope that my home can stand up to all of the wear and tear (and my nerves!). I hope that all goes well because sometimes I have a difficult time with my husband's family.

Then on Sunday after church I have my Mom and step-Dad and my brother with his family plus my own kids. It will seem like a breeze after having so many people on Saturday!!

Chandra Amaya
04-06-2007, 12:43 PM
wow sounds like you have a very busy weekend ahead. If you need to escape just let us know & we will pull you through the computer :)

Mandy
04-06-2007, 12:48 PM
awww how nice Mandy. Glad you had a good day :D

Thanks Traci, it really was nice. She called at 9am to ask if i had remembered our "date" well ofcourse, how could i forget something so important. She is down, and needed to talk, so thats what we did yakyakyak LOL :D

Chandra Amaya
04-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks Traci, it really was nice. She called at 9am to ask if i had remembered our "date" well ofcourse, how could i forget something so important. She is down, and needed to talk, so thats what we did yakyakyak LOL :D
awww its so nice just to be with friends & let the pressures of life fade away sometimes. Maybe I will be able to do that more now. A good friend just moved back from another state. :D

DianaB
04-06-2007, 12:54 PM
wow sounds like you have a very busy weekend ahead. If you need to escape just let us know & we will pull you through the computer :)

I'll keep that in mind. I might be PMing you!!! I've already thought of several ways that I can escape!!!

Mandy
04-06-2007, 12:55 PM
awww its so nice just to be with friends & let the pressures of life fade away sometimes. Maybe I will be able to do that more now. A good friend just moved back from another state. :D

Thats wonderful Traci!! Its so true, just to let the pressure of life behind you for a while makes you feel refreshed.

Marilyn
04-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Gina, Hoping for good test results, too!!! Let us know.

I groomed all three and bathed them this morning..they look so nice and then the 4 little ones I shaved their ears, private areas and clipped their nails. Yeah!! Now I have a free weekend...for the most part...LOL

Janet, since you finished yours, may I bring my two over, they are a mess!!!!:p

I took off at 2:30 today. The phones weren't ringing and all our customers were off, so I cut out early!!! Yippeeeeee!!!!!!

Figured I'd get a head start on the cleaning so the weekend would be free. Our oldest daughter was off today, I found out when I got home, so she jumped up and started cleaning. She had figured she'd start at 3 since I would be home at 5. I surprised her so I figured checking up on y'all was the thing to do. Guess I'll go help her. :rolleyes:

Forgivenmom5
04-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Wow Diana you are taking on a lot but it is so nice of you to do this for your family. Maybe you can relax a while Sunday night.

AngieDoogles
04-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Wow Diana! You sure are going to be busy this weekend! I hope everything goes well for you.

Mandy, that's great that you were able to spend some time relaxing with a friend. Brendon and I got to hang out with our best friends Ashley and Aaron from 7 o'clock last night until 2 in the morning!! Well, actually Brendon was there since 2 doing landscaping with Aaron and then Ashley and I met up with them after our night class. It's just so great to be able to spend time with a close friend, isn't it? And Marty got to play with Aaron's 60 pound lap dog, lol. They got along so well!!

Traci, mom told me who moved back and I'm so happy for you. I remember how sad you were when she moved. That's great news!!! I hope the two of you can pick right back up where you left off.

Lissa
04-06-2007, 01:12 PM
As it's Friday I only had two classes today, my 8am class was still on, but my 10am class was cancelled so I've pretty much been bored since 9 this morning :p

I went to the store and got the ingredients for a dirt cake and a soup I wanted to experiment with. So I made the cake and the soup (good by my standards :) ) and now I'm just waiting for my man to get off work so we can do something

AngieDoogles
04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
As it's Friday I only had two classes today, my 8am class was still on, but my 10am class was cancelled so I've pretty much been bored since 9 this morning :p

I went to the store and got the ingredients for a dirt cake and a soup I wanted to experiment with. So I made the cake and the soup (good by my standards :) ) and now I'm just waiting for my man to get off work so we can do something

I would've had two classes today, but they were both cancelled so I've been in the same boat. I've been on 4wt most of the day and spending time with my family, but it's been nice and relaxing.

I LOVE dirt cake!! Yum! Sounds like you've had a nice day off. Enjoy your weekend!

Gina
04-06-2007, 06:09 PM

Lissa how do you make dirt cake?? share the receipe...sounds interesting lol
Thank you girls for the well wishes for Gucci, the vet will give me results on Tues. I will keep you posted. :)

AngieDoogles
04-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Lissa how do you make dirt cake?? share the receipe...sounds interesting lol
Thank you girls for the well wishes for Gucci, the vet will give me results on Tues. I will keep you posted. :)

There are lots of different ways to do it, but here is one recipe:

DIRT CAKE

2 (20 oz.) pkgs. Oreo cookies
1/2 stick butter
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
3 1/2 c. milk
2 sm. French vanilla instant pudding boxes
1 (12 oz.) Cool Whip

Cream the butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Mix pudding together with the milk, add the Cool Whip to pudding mixture. Then blend in with the cream cheese mixture.

Crumble the Oreo's in a blender, leave the cream in the Oreo's.

Line the inside of a clay flower pot with foil. Alternating cookie crumbs and filling, ending with the cookie crumbs on top. Top with gummi worms and a plastic flower.

Children really enjoy this!!!

Gina
04-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Angie thanks for the receipe it sounds delicious but real fattening, I will try it for another holiday. Whay the clay flower pot?

AngieDoogles
04-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Angie thanks for the receipe it sounds delicious but real fattening, I will try it for another holiday. Whay the clay flower pot?

Oh yeah, it's very unhealthy, but SO good! Umm, there are lots of different recipes, that's just the first one I found when I did a google search, but I guess they want it in a flower pot so that it looks more like "dirt" lol

Forgivenmom5
04-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Oh yeah, it's very unhealthy, but SO good! Umm, there are lots of different recipes, that's just the first one I found when I did a google search, but I guess they want it in a flower pot so that it looks more like "dirt" lol
Yeah kids really love it when it's done like this. They made them once when my little girl was in pre-school. All the kids loved it. (especially when you added the gummy worms) My friend we went to the beach with had the wonderful idea to bring stuff to let the kids make them there. We had 3 little girls and a little boy with us and they had a ball. It was a wonderful little activity to keep them busy after we got back to the cottage at night.

Janet
04-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Gina, Hoping for good test results, too!!! Let us know.

Janet, since you finished yours, may I bring my two over, they are a mess!!!!:p

I took off at 2:30 today. The phones weren't ringing and all our customers were off, so I cut out early!!! Yippeeeeee!!!!!!

Figured I'd get a head start on the cleaning so the weekend would be free. Our oldest daughter was off today, I found out when I got home, so she jumped up and started cleaning. She had figured she'd start at 3 since I would be home at 5. I surprised her so I figured checking up on y'all was the thing to do. Guess I'll go help her. :rolleyes:

I would love to groom your babies. You know, it really is relaxing for me to groom and bath them. I always take my time (advice I gave to someone wanting to groom on YT). Even the little ones are getting use to it. Even though I didn't do any trimming their first couple of weeks, I would hold them like I was, touching their ears and their feet. Now it's no big deal for them to actually do it.

I'm glad you were able to take off early and then have a wonderful daughter to start the cleaning for you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend....