PDA

View Full Version : Bulbs

Mandy
10-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Anyone planting bulbs yet?

I bought a lot of different bulbs the other day which i'm going to plant this week, i just need to get more tulips in different colors.
It's still a long time to wait for them to grow lol.... but when i see the first ones come out, i know we heading for spring, which makes me feel a LOT better after a long cold winter LOL... i hate winter :rolleyes:

Janet
10-02-2007, 05:03 AM
I feel rather dumb after being the daughter-in-law of florists for 33 years, but here goes.....Are there any bulbs that will come up and last all summer?

Mandy
10-02-2007, 05:06 AM
I feel rather dumb after being the daughter-in-law of florists for 33 years, but here goes.....Are there any bulbs that will come up and last all summer?

Most definatly Janet, there are a lot of them, do you get Dahlia's there? The ones in my garden, came out last summer, and are still in bloom, there's still a LOT of buds coming out.

AngieDoogles
10-02-2007, 05:19 AM

Don't feel bad Janet. I know SO little about flowers and plants, it's ridiculous! Anytime I want to do something I have to come online and research first...

Mandy
10-02-2007, 05:24 AM
Don't feel bad Janet. I know SO little about flowers and plants, it's ridiculous! Anytime I want to do something I have to come online and research first...

Thats how we all learn. My son is in agricultural college, so i ask him everything LOL - i dont know much myself at all.

AngieDoogles
10-02-2007, 05:27 AM
Thats how we all learn. My son is in agricultural college, so i ask him everything LOL - i dont know much myself at all.

Wow! I didn't realize he was in college already!! That sounds like an interesting field of study. How's he liking it so far?

Mandy
10-02-2007, 05:29 AM
Wow! I didn't realize he was in college already!! That sounds like an interesting field of study. How's he liking it so far?

He loves it Angie, he is doing excellent :) In hes free time he does garden design, and works for people, doing gardens, to earn some pocket money :)

AngieDoogles
10-02-2007, 05:30 AM
He loves it Angie, he is doing excellent :) In hes free time he does garden design, and works for people, doing gardens, to earn some pocket money :)

Sounds like a great career, especially if he's already doing it and making money! Congrats to him! How long until he graduates?

Mandy
10-02-2007, 05:36 AM
Sounds like a great career, especially if he's already doing it and making money! Congrats to him! How long until he graduates?

Thanks Angie, i will tell him what you said.

He is doing hes finals this year, then he goes for 2 extra years, after that he can go to university. :)