4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women

4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women (http://www.4womentalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Women Discussion (http://www.4womentalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Intro Quiz for EVERYONE! (http://www.4womentalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78)

Tiramisu 12-21-2007 08:30 AM

Thanks for the welcomes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianaB
Welcome to 4WT!!! You have a big family like I do so I'm sure that you'll have some interesting posts to make about your activities!!! I'm glad that you're here. It sounds like you might know a little about us since you've been here for awhile. We're a very friendly group and I'm glad that you've finally decided to join us!!!!

I'm on YT with the same member name! Yes, big family, a problem child, boring job - I'm normal. I'm actually very excited because I start vacation today in about 2 hours don't come back until Jan 2nd.

Thanks for the welcome - I'll be posting!

Lissa 12-22-2007 08:57 AM

I've been on here before, but it's been a while, sorry ladies!!! Life got really busy with wedding plans and school.

Name- Melissa
Age- 21 (-28 days)
Marital Status- Engaged
Kids- None for a while if I can help it
Pets- 4 fish, Frank, Stephen, Evan, and Todd, and hopefully a German Shepherd is in my close future
Occupation- college student and internet help tech
Fav Food- Cajun, Italian, seafood
Fav Restaurant- Papadeaux and Katz's
Fav Vacation Spot- Want to visit Australia
Something interesting about you- My future school plans may include a 100+ mile per day commute
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Put it in savings!! I need all the money I can get right now. But I would want to use it to get my dog =P

Janet 12-22-2007 11:48 AM

When you have time Melissa, you'll have to tell us some of your plans for your wedding. I bet you and Marilyn are having a great time with this.

DianaB 12-22-2007 09:11 PM

Melissa, my daughter, Dae Lynn, drove almost an hour and a half to go to college. I know that she got really tired of it. Just make sure that you have a really reliable car with good gas mileage!!!

My daughter had a cute little Toyota Celica that took her all the way through college and Sunday night she hit a deer and totaled it! We're all a little sad because it was such a good little car.

Forgivenmom5 12-23-2007 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa
I've been on here before, but it's been a while, sorry ladies!!! Life got really busy with wedding plans and school.

Name- Melissa
Age- 21 (-28 days)
Marital Status- Engaged
Kids- None for a while if I can help it
Pets- 4 fish, Frank, Stephen, Evan, and Todd, and hopefully a German Shepherd is in my close future
Occupation- college student and internet help tech
Fav Food- Cajun, Italian, seafood
Fav Restaurant- Papadeaux and Katz's
Fav Vacation Spot- Want to visit Australia
Something interesting about you- My future school plans may include a 100+ mile per day commute
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Put it in savings!! I need all the money I can get right now. But I would want to use it to get my dog =P

Welcome back Melissa! Good luck with the wedding plans.

AngieDoogles 12-23-2007 10:48 AM

Welcome back Lissa!! We've missed you. I can't wait to hear all about your plans. :)

janc 12-23-2007 06:33 PM

Name-Jan
Age-59
Marital Status-married
Kids-3
Pets-2 Yorkies, 1 lab/hound
Occupation-retired teacher
Fav Food-pasta
Fav Restaurant-Fridays
Fav Vacation Spot-the beach
Something interesting about you- I use to fly planes. I'm a BC survivor. We had a Katrina house.
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Give it to my church.

DianaB 12-23-2007 06:44 PM

Welcome to 4WT, Jan!!! You'll find that all the girls on here are really friendly! Just join right into our conversations and be a part!!!

You'll also find several of us are around your age and we have another retired school teacher on here. So you may have some things in common. I know that you'll have yorkies in common with a lot of us, including me!

We also have one of us that is going through breast cancer treatments right now so you might have some really helpful things to tell her.

I'm sorry that you went through Katrina. How are things going for you now? I have an aunt and uncle who lost everything in Katrina but they're doing very well now.

I'll be looking for you in the threads!!! Again, Welcome!!!!!:)

Janet 12-23-2007 07:03 PM

Welcome Jan. Sure sounds like you been put through some rough times, but hopefully blue skies for the future.

Please join in any time, any where. The ladies here are the best and most supportive. Glad you've joined us.

janc 12-24-2007 05:35 AM

Thanks, Janet and Diane B. My name is Janet too. I grew up in New Orleans and was flooded by Betsy in 65. My husband and I were flooded again in 85 by Juan in Lacombe, La. just across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. We had a house in Bay St. Louis on the bayou in 05 when Katrina hit. We were 14 ft above sea level. They said the water was 18-24 ft. in that area. That was my last time to ever be flooded. I felt and still feel sorry for the poor people who lost everything. We were veterans of collecting insurance and in Nov. of 05 we collected on wind insurance and drove straight up to TN and bought 56 acres. We love it here so though we thought K was a tragedy (especially me) I'm so happy and so is hubby. The people are so friendly and kind. We couldn't have picked a better place to live. I have chickens, roosters, and guineas in addition to the dogs. I'm in heaven. I started taking piano (took many years ago but never practiced!). My youngest daughter is here with her 2 children (7 and 8) for Christmas. Liz is in the Army and just got back from her 2nd tour in Iraq. She's stationed in Hawaii and doesn't much like it.
I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'll better and hope I can contribute also.

Janet 12-24-2007 05:41 AM

My goodness, you have been put to the test haven't you? I think it's great that you have such a wonderful positive attitude about all you've been through and can now say you are happy. What an inspiration!

I keep telling everyone here I'm ready to move, mostly because of the weather here in central Indiana. I'm glad you have found Tennessee so wonderful.

I also use to play piano and took lessons when I was younger. I have forgotten most of it now and when I have the chance to tickle the keyboard I usually play somethings 'by ear.' I wish I would have continued with lessons when I was younger. I love listening to someone play.

DianaB 12-24-2007 08:16 AM

Wow, you had it kinda' rough when you lived on the coast. I'm glad that you don't have to worry about flooding and hurricanes anymore. It sounds like the country life is the life for you. I live in the country too but we don't have any animals except dogs and cats. My husband is a farmer.

And I see that you have grandchildren!! You didn't mention them but I wondered. I have 5 myself and if you go back you'll see some pictures and stories about mine. They are a blast!!!!!

janc 12-28-2007 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet
My goodness, you have been put to the test haven't you? I think it's great that you have such a wonderful positive attitude about all you've been through and can now say you are happy. What an inspiration!

I keep telling everyone here I'm ready to move, mostly because of the weather here in central Indiana. I'm glad you have found Tennessee so wonderful.

I also use to play piano and took lessons when I was younger. I have forgotten most of it now and when I have the chance to tickle the keyboard I usually play somethings 'by ear.' I wish I would have continued with lessons when I was younger. I love listening to someone play.

Hi Janet,
Well, most of my life I've been happy. I think it runs in the familly. My dad said he never had an unhappy day in his life. He died at 81. He had Guillian Barre in his 70's, was on a ventilator for 10 months, in hospital for 13 mo. and stayed at my house for a year afterwards. He actually walked unaided eventually. No one thought he ever would.
You can still take piano lessons. I had a cheap plug in for awhile and they work just fine. I enjoy playing and wish I had more time. Those Yorkies take up lots of my time!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

janc 12-28-2007 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianaB
Wow, you had it kinda' rough when you lived on the coast. I'm glad that you don't have to worry about flooding and hurricanes anymore. It sounds like the country life is the life for you. I live in the country too but we don't have any animals except dogs and cats. My husband is a farmer.

And I see that you have grandchildren!! You didn't mention them but I wondered. I have 5 myself and if you go back you'll see some pictures and stories about mine. They are a blast!!!!!

Hi Diane B.,
I will go back and see your previous postings after my grandchildren and daughter leave Sun. Things have been hectic here. I always wanted to live on a farm. We do have about 23 acres that our neighbor plants hay in. I guess he's been doing that for years. Bob finished cutting up the deer he got the day before Christmas so we're done with that till next year. 2 deer get us through a year. We also give some to a neighbor.
I do have more granchildren. My son in W. Palm is married to a girl from Equador and they have a 5 year old son named Marcos. He is bilingual. My older daughter has 2, Jennifer, 9 yrs and Boog who is 14. My stepdaughter, Sheila, has 2 children also. Ashley is 16 and Ben is 11.
I'm getting ready to crochet a blanket for Liz and I'm looking forward to it but dreading it at the same time. I can do basic patterns but this will be the first attempt with a complicated pattern. I hope it turns out well.
Hope your holidays have been good

Janet 12-28-2007 04:57 AM

Thanks Janet,
I would love to take piano lessons, but I'm at that stage in life where I would rather just sit and listen...lol So many things I like to do, sewing, woodworking, being on the computer (which seems to be all the time) and reading. Just never enough time. I need to make room to get some exercising done. Waaayyy overweight. I just need to make it a priority.

I think it's wonderful that your Dad felt he never had an unhappy day in his life. I think it was Abraham Lincoln that said something to the effect "a person can be as happy as he sets his mind to be." That is something I need to practice too.

I did have a very nice Christmas, hope you did too.