4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women

4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women (http://www.4womentalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Women Discussion (http://www.4womentalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Intro Quiz for EVERYONE! (http://www.4womentalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78)

Janet 09-15-2007 03:02 PM

So many new ladies joining! Welcome everyone, it's wonderful to have you with us.

Please join in, the more you post the more we get to know you and the more you get to know some of us.

DianaB 09-17-2007 11:12 AM

Lori, it's nice to have you on 4WT!!!! We're a very friendly group and several of us have yorkies too! We would love it if you would post pictures of your babies when you have them. Join right in and get to know us!!!

AngieDoogles 09-17-2007 12:30 PM

Welcome Lori. It's so nice to have you here. I hope you'll post some more so we can get to know you better. :)

cajo39556 10-15-2007 09:50 AM

Name-CATHY CRAIG

Age-37

Marital Status-MARRIED

Kids-ONE DAUGHTER 17 AND TWO STEPSONS 12 AND 15

Pets-2 DOGS AND 5 CATS

Occupation-DOMESTIC GODDESS

Fav Food-MEXICAN

Fav Restaurant-O CHARLEYS

Fav Vacation Spot-TENNEESEE

Something interesting about you-WARPED SENSE OF HUMOR

What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? THANK YOU AND HEAD TO WALMART AS FAST AS MY VAN WILL CARRY ME!!!

I am a mother and wife. I was born and raised in South Mississippi. I love it here. My daughter turns 17 today....and I have 2 stepsons that are 12 and 15. I am on my second and last marriage, we have been married 2 1/2 yrs. If you want to know more....just ask me..

I also have a myspace....www.myspace.com/cathycraig;)

katepoet 10-16-2007 05:29 PM

Name- Kate
Age- 51
Marital Status- yes! since 1981 to good man
Kids- one incredibly nice 18 year old son
Pets- a constantly entertaining Boston terrier
Occupation- Writer/Editor/Instructor/Story Teller/Support Group Director
Fav Food- no idea any more - diet is very restricted
Fav Restaurant- can't eat out!
Fav Vacation Spot- water - lakes, rivers, waterfalls, ocean waves... and green woods
Something interesting about you- I lived in Brasil for a year in high school.
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? If I didn't have to pay a bill... set up an art center so I could easily paint with my arms supported - Lyme disease damage gets in the way!

Mandy 10-17-2007 03:23 AM

Hi, and welcome Yorkiekids, Lorirenee, and Katepoet, it's nice to have you ladies with us, please keep posting, so we can get to know you better :)

katepoet 10-17-2007 06:00 AM

Thanks, Mandy. Angie invited me over and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

DianaB 10-17-2007 09:29 AM

Welcome to 4WT, Kate!! We have a great group of women here who are very friendly and helpful plus there are several of us that around your age. I see that you've already joined right in with our conversations and we're glad that you are!!! I hope that you enjoy 4WT as much as we do!!!!!!

katepoet 10-17-2007 10:38 AM

Thanks, Diana! I am getting used to being a newbie on a forum and having a friendly welcome sure makes it easier!

AngieDoogles 10-17-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katepoet
Thanks, Diana! I am getting used to being a newbie on a forum and having a friendly welcome sure makes it easier!

Just keep posting! You won't be a newbie for long! ;) :D

Queen_Rayback 10-25-2007 02:56 PM

Me!

Name- Natalie
Age- 20
Marital Status- Newlywed!
Kids- None anytime soon
Pets- 1 Chihuahua (on chihuahua talk) a cat (soon to have kittens!)
Occupation- Nail Technician and Horse Groom
Fav Food- Italian
Fav Restaurant- Olive Garden
Fav Vacation Spot- Anywhere warm!
Something interesting about you- I don't have a gallbladder
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Pay off our debt.:)

AngieDoogles 10-25-2007 04:11 PM

Welcome Natalie! I bet you're having so much fun as a newlywed! That's definitely a fun and exciting time in life. When did you get married? I'm 21 and I've been married for three years. Nice to meet you! :)

Mandy 10-25-2007 09:30 PM

Hi Natalie, nice to meet you, and welcome :)

Janet 10-26-2007 03:17 AM

Welcome Natalie. So nice to have you join us.

Queen_Rayback 10-26-2007 08:41 AM

I got married on June 23 of this past summer. Marriage has been fun and crappy (thats another story) but mostly fun. My husband is a great guy!:heart: Thank you for all the welcomes!:)

katepoet 10-26-2007 09:23 AM

Welcome, QueenR - that is a story you will have to tell us - can't just leave us with that tantalizing tidbit and not give us "the rest of the story!"

hmm... it sounds like a good writer's prompt, too.

AngieDoogles 10-26-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen_Rayback
I got married on June 23 of this past summer. Marriage has been fun and crappy (thats another story) but mostly fun. My husband is a great guy!:heart: Thank you for all the welcomes!:)

We're looking forward to hearing your stories, good or bad. There is an amazing group of ladies here who are supportive no matter what! :)

Queen_Rayback 10-26-2007 05:38 PM

Sorry, its a long one!

Well, The STORY!

Have a good laugh!!!

Two days after returning home from our honeymoon in seattle, Steven comes to me and askes if I'm in a good mood. I say yes, than laugh and ask if theres bad news. He says kind of, I ask if its financial, he says, not yet. Again, I jokingly ask if he got fired again (Steven got fired a month or so before the wedding from a LOT of misunderstangings!) He went quiet.I laughed harder! He said yes, he had gotten fired. I assumed he had been fired that day (tuesday). No. Monday? No. Then where did you go on monday? To the library then came home when you left for work. So when did you get fired then?

the day before the wedding. I laughed. I really did. It was hilarous! At the time that is. I do not blame him, hate him, or not trust him for not telling me. It would have ruined EVERYTHING! The wedding, the honeymoon, all of it!

Fast forward a week. Steven's last payday. There is $500 missing from our bank account. we freak, Oh crap we have no job, LOW money, were screwed! Apparently, our hotel bill (which we thought had gone out already) went out late! $500 is a LOT!

Again, lets fast forward here about another 2 weeks, it is steven's 20 birthday and we are on our way to a local family fun center...

The car DIES!:eek:

Literally it died. It was used from my grandpa but it DIED! as in DEAD and not coming back to life. It is now in the U pull on 99W.

SOOOOOOO, One month into marriage and Steven and I have NO Money, NO job and NO car!:mad: I say no job cause I was still part time due to wedding planning.

WOW!! I hated when people asked me how married life was. It was sucking eggs!! Steven and I however were great. We did not argue much at all, and probably have had more fun then ever. We just had a VERY tight spending limit.

Thankfully our friends and family really helped out! Steven and I were the "we can cover you" ones when friends didn't have the funds too have fun, so when we were tight they jumped right up to help. Steven got a temporary job, but was fired (again) due to "insuficiant transportation" so again, family stepped in, namly steven's parents, and bought us a 97 subaru outback (cutest thing ever) and Steven got a job at INTEL (yeah baby!) He doens't even have the accounting degree and they took him! Big ego boost for him!

Whew! That is the story of how marriage sucked and now is getting better. We are still not quite out of debt from having no money for a few months, but we are getting there!

And we'll live happily ever after!:)

AngieDoogles 10-26-2007 05:41 PM

Oh yes, I definitely remember the "no money" stage of marriage. Our first five months were INCREDIBLY difficult, but that improves with time. It also made us much stronger as a couple and I wouldn't trade that time for anything in the world. :)

katepoet 10-26-2007 05:52 PM

Good story!! It will entertain you and yours for years. What a great way to start off - with all of that support from everyone, you know they believe in you.

lorirenee 11-13-2007 03:31 PM

Name-Lori
Age-39
Marital Status-married
Kids-3 Haley 14, JD 11 and Timmy 5
Pets-Coco (yorkie) Daisy (english bulldog) 2 newborn yorkies boys!!!
Occupation-stay at home mom (corrections officer before)
Fav Food-seafood
Fav Restaurant-Red Lobster
Fav Vacation Spot-Bahamas
Something interesting about you-My died just died and I feel like I am:o :o
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Christmas shopping

katepoet 11-13-2007 03:48 PM

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your father. The kids must be devastated, too. I am glad that you all have each other to carry you through this hard time.

Oregon Elephant 11-13-2007 06:42 PM

Name- Steven
Age- 20
Marital Status- Married
Kids- none
Pets- dog and cat
Occupation- Accountant
Fav Food- chocolate muffins
Fav Restaurant- 12th Ave Cafe (Issaquah, WA)
Fav Vacation Spot- The Caribean
Something interesting about you- I like Pi
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Pay off debt.

AngieDoogles 11-13-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon Elephant
Name- Steven
Age- 20
Marital Status- Married
Kids- none
Pets- dog and cat
Occupation- Accountant
Fav Food- chocolate muffins
Fav Restaurant- 12th Ave Cafe (Issaquah, WA)
Fav Vacation Spot- The Caribean
Something interesting about you- I like Pi
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Pay off debt.

Welcome Steven!

Mandy 11-14-2007 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorirenee
Name-Lori
Age-39
Marital Status-married
Kids-3 Haley 14, JD 11 and Timmy 5
Pets-Coco (yorkie) Daisy (english bulldog) 2 newborn yorkies boys!!!
Occupation-stay at home mom (corrections officer before)
Fav Food-seafood
Fav Restaurant-Red Lobster
Fav Vacation Spot-Bahamas
Something interesting about you-My died just died and I feel like I am:o :o
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Christmas shopping

Ho Lori, welcome to 4wt - hope you enjoy it here :)

Queen_Rayback 11-14-2007 12:25 PM

Welcome to 4wt Steven. I hope you enjoy chatting with us gals...

IamTheGPS 12-03-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meg
I thought it'd be fun for everyone to post a little about them on the same thread, so we can all get to know each other a bit, here is a small getting to know you quiz-

Name- Shar (IamtheGPS)
Age-45+
Marital Status-M
Kids-none
Pets-4! 1 Shih Tzu, 1 Yorkiechon, and 2 Calico Cats
Occupation-semi-retired medical assistant...(lonnnnggg story)
Fav Food-Italian or good hamburgers (GOOD, not MickyD!)
Fav Restaurant-?? Italian or Hamburgers
Fav Vacation Spot-Beach
Something interesting about you-Now that I'm in my 40's I'm starting to get strategically placed tattoos.
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Pay off bills (boring, huh?)

Here are the 5 characters that is required for me to lengthen my message so it will post....... (HUH?)! LOL!

DianaB 12-03-2007 11:37 AM

Welcome to 4WT! We have a wonderful group of friendly women. Just jump right in and join in our conversations and see for yourself!!

BTW--This seems to be a very slow day for 4WT so don't give up on us because of today. I'm not sure where everyone is!!!!

anauthenticlife 12-20-2007 05:49 PM

Hi!

Hey ladies! I'm new to this site and I figured I'd use to introduce myself.

Name- Amy
Age- 19
Marital Status- Married (as of September 8!)
Kids- none yet
Pets- we have two cats, Koda and Kula
Occupation- student majoring in Elementary Education
Fav Food- I love mexican and seafood
Fav Restaurant- Red Lobster
Fav Vacation Spot- Bora Bora!
Something interesting about you- I make jewelry and love to paint
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? I'd buy some clothes (duh), a new dishwasher, and save the rest.

AngieDoogles 12-20-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anauthenticlife
Hey ladies! I'm new to this site and I figured I'd use to introduce myself.

Name- Amy
Age- 19
Marital Status- Married (as of September 8!)
Kids- none yet
Pets- we have two cats, Koda and Kula
Occupation- student majoring in Elementary Education
Fav Food- I love mexican and seafood
Fav Restaurant- Red Lobster
Fav Vacation Spot- Bora Bora!
Something interesting about you- I make jewelry and love to paint
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? I'd buy some clothes (duh), a new dishwasher, and save the rest.

Welcome to 4wt Amy! Nice to meet you. :) Congrats on your wedding!

DianaB 12-21-2007 06:55 AM

Welcome to 4WT. We have a great group of women here so come on and be a part of our wonderful group!!!

Janet 12-21-2007 07:47 AM

Hi Amy :wavey: Glad you've joined us here at 4WT. Please join in anytime, we have a great time here. Congratulations on your recent marriage!:thumbup:

Tiramisu 12-21-2007 07:52 AM

Hey!

Name- Sandy
Age- almost 57
Marital Status- Happily married to Harold
Kids- Laura (36, married to Jonathan with 4 kids - Andrew & Brandon are 16, Christian is 10, & Delaney is 9), Jeff (32, married to Emily with 2 kids - Abiigail is 4 & Sarah is 3 months), Roxann (31, single with no kids), and Paula (29, married to Kenneth with 2 kids - Baylor is 3 & Bree is 1 week)
Pets- Tiramisu (Shih Tzu), Yankee, Yahtzee, Fancee, & Izzee (Yorkies)
Occupation- Staff Office Assistant @ ExxonMobil
Fav Food- Love them all
Fav Restaurant- Outback Steakhouse
Fav Vacation Spot- My House
Something interesting about you- Born & raised in Louisiana, moved to Houston in 1969, but LA will always be "home". I hope to retire in 3 years!
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Probably get another Yorkie!

I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join in the fun!

AngieDoogles 12-21-2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiramisu
Name- Sandy
Age- almost 57
Marital Status- Happily married to Harold
Kids- Laura (36, married to Jonathan with 4 kids - Andrew & Brandon are 16, Christian is 10, & Delaney is 9), Jeff (32, married to Emily with 2 kids - Abiigail is 4 & Sarah is 3 months), Roxann (31, single with no kids), and Paula (29, married to Kenneth with 2 kids - Baylor is 3 & Bree is 1 week)
Pets- Tiramisu (Shih Tzu), Yankee, Yahtzee, Fancee, & Izzee (Yorkies)
Occupation- Staff Office Assistant @ ExxonMobil
Fav Food- Love them all
Fav Restaurant- Outback Steakhouse
Fav Vacation Spot- My House
Something interesting about you- Born & raised in Louisiana, moved to Houston in 1969, but LA will always be "home". I hope to retire in 3 years!
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Probably get another Yorkie!

I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join in the fun!

Hi Sandy! :wavey: I'm so glad you decided to join in. I think you'll love it here! :)

DianaB 12-21-2007 08:03 AM

Welcome to 4WT!!! You have a big family like I do so I'm sure that you'll have some interesting posts to make about your activities!!! I'm glad that you're here. It sounds like you might know a little about us since you've been here for awhile. We're a very friendly group and I'm glad that you've finally decided to join us!!!!

Tiramisu 12-21-2007 08:30 AM

Thanks for the welcomes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianaB
Welcome to 4WT!!! You have a big family like I do so I'm sure that you'll have some interesting posts to make about your activities!!! I'm glad that you're here. It sounds like you might know a little about us since you've been here for awhile. We're a very friendly group and I'm glad that you've finally decided to join us!!!!

I'm on YT with the same member name! Yes, big family, a problem child, boring job - I'm normal. I'm actually very excited because I start vacation today in about 2 hours don't come back until Jan 2nd.

Thanks for the welcome - I'll be posting!

Lissa 12-22-2007 08:57 AM

I've been on here before, but it's been a while, sorry ladies!!! Life got really busy with wedding plans and school.

Name- Melissa
Age- 21 (-28 days)
Marital Status- Engaged
Kids- None for a while if I can help it
Pets- 4 fish, Frank, Stephen, Evan, and Todd, and hopefully a German Shepherd is in my close future
Occupation- college student and internet help tech
Fav Food- Cajun, Italian, seafood
Fav Restaurant- Papadeaux and Katz's
Fav Vacation Spot- Want to visit Australia
Something interesting about you- My future school plans may include a 100+ mile per day commute
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Put it in savings!! I need all the money I can get right now. But I would want to use it to get my dog =P

Janet 12-22-2007 11:48 AM

When you have time Melissa, you'll have to tell us some of your plans for your wedding. I bet you and Marilyn are having a great time with this.

DianaB 12-22-2007 09:11 PM

Melissa, my daughter, Dae Lynn, drove almost an hour and a half to go to college. I know that she got really tired of it. Just make sure that you have a really reliable car with good gas mileage!!!

My daughter had a cute little Toyota Celica that took her all the way through college and Sunday night she hit a deer and totaled it! We're all a little sad because it was such a good little car.

Forgivenmom5 12-23-2007 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa
I've been on here before, but it's been a while, sorry ladies!!! Life got really busy with wedding plans and school.

Name- Melissa
Age- 21 (-28 days)
Marital Status- Engaged
Kids- None for a while if I can help it
Pets- 4 fish, Frank, Stephen, Evan, and Todd, and hopefully a German Shepherd is in my close future
Occupation- college student and internet help tech
Fav Food- Cajun, Italian, seafood
Fav Restaurant- Papadeaux and Katz's
Fav Vacation Spot- Want to visit Australia
Something interesting about you- My future school plans may include a 100+ mile per day commute
What would you do if I gave you $1000 right now? Put it in savings!! I need all the money I can get right now. But I would want to use it to get my dog =P

Welcome back Melissa! Good luck with the wedding plans.