4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 06-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Took Computer To Dr. Yesterday

I have taken so many pictures this year that I was wanting to put some/most on a CD/DVD but my computer was telling me that I didn't have a drive for that. Now I know that is not true. So I had to take it in so they could figure out what the problem is. I don't want to lose all the pictures in case something would happen to my computer so every so often I copy them to CD/DVD.

I am using Ricky's old laptop right now...it's smaller than mine and so hard for my fingers to find the keys.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I understand, I had to take my computer to the doc last year, but sadly it could not be saved. I hope your outcome was better than mine!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Why not copy them to a memory stick? Just don't buy the real cheap ones, I learn my lesson. There are also websites were you can save your pictures. I just can't remember the name, sorry.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:16 AM   #4
Janet

I'm not really too worried...I figure if the cd/dvd drive is bad and can't be saved, then I can get an external drive, they are not expensive at all.

Jessica....I've heard that the memory sticks or flash drives don't last very long. Just wondering if you've heard that or not. I really don't know much about them at all.

Whether my computer can be fixed or not I hope it doesn't take too long to get it back. The hard drive is still good and everything works like a charm...just the cd/dvd drive that I can't 'find'. At least I have my iPad and Ricky's old laptop to use until it returns home.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That's a bummer!! I can understand though. I tried to copy off my pictures on a dvd. I was told that they can hold a lot more pictures but my computer isn't set up for that. I have the burner.......just not the software, I guess. I just decided to not do anything about it at the moment.......out of fustration!! I'm so afraid of losing my pictures because I have so many on my computer and I haven't gotten any prints from them for some time.

I hope you're able to figure something out. I'm with you in your fustration!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
Janet

Something was wrong in the registry so it wasn't recognizing the drive. $25 later and it works like a charm so I now have all my pictures on a CD and then of course...I made a copy of the CD...lol.

Now I've deleted all the pictures off my computer (except for the rental homes) and can start over for the rest of the year. I didn't do much at all yesterday so I'm glad my day was productive in a couple different areas.