4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 11-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
When It Rains...........

I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but our water softener has been acting up. My husband has to manually get it to 'charge.' I cleaned my toilet this morning and it still had yellow water in it....LOL...NO IT WASN'T PEE!!!

I see now that the inside of my washer has iron stains. Oh it will come out easy enough, but it is going to ruin our clothes if we don't get it replaced.

Also today, I was giving the doggies their baths and grooming. I always give them a bath in the boys bathroom because the showerhead has a hose and I can use it to hose the dogs. Anyway, I hadn't been in their bathroom for a week and their tub is total rust stains. I asked if he hadn't noticed it and got a 'noooo.' Must be blind as a freak'n bat! So I told him he could come with me if he wanted but I was going first thing Monday and getting a new one. I wasn't going to let everything get ruined and so stained that it wouldn't come out. He was ready to cry! I couldn't believe it! He still has some damn money that he has been keeping for himself from his inheritance. He just didn't want to spend it. JERK!!

I told him either help get a new one....or we can split everything and I'm out. Now he has the manual out and trying to see if he can fix it. This one is 30 years old....WE'RE GETTING A NEW ONE!! I honestly don't know why I even try.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
I know where you are coming from when it rains it pour's. Usually when 1 thing goes bad it seems like everything else ends up going all at the same time.
I hope you are able to find a good deal on a water softner somewhere. Nothing like takeing a shower in hard water!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm sorry Janet. It sounds like this is really important - else the hard water will ruin everything else and that is just not right. I really hate it when things go wrong that must be fixed right now, no matter how much money is in my bank account.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I just don't want to die in an accident with rusty underwear...LOLOL. That and I have a white toilet and tub/shower in my bathroom and I want it to stay white. He's been researching water softeners all afternoon now. Hopefully we'll have one within the next few days.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Janet men are so stubborn , go out and buy it yourself. I to need a clothes dryer and I am venturing out today. My dryer is not drying the clothes well and before I end up without one. I hate spending money on applicances this time of year.. But Loews, Home Depot have those zero balances for a year. I love those deals.. Look into that with your water softner...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Gina, make sure your washer is spinning the clothes out well, before you buy a new dryer. Once I thought my dryer was not drying and I bought a new one, only to find that it didn't dry well either!!! When I went to the store to complain, they asked about my washer, which was also very old. They said maybe my washer wasn't spinning out my clothes well enough - so I got a new washer and viola! The dryer worked like a charm! Also, make sure the dryer vent isn't plugged up, that will make it not dry well too.

Now, with all these cautions, you probably just need a new dryer and I hope you fine a good deal!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
celstu1

OH I want to move in with my boyfriend but he has well water and NO water softener system. I told him that if I move in, its the FIRST thing we are buying and we are buying it immediately. His toilets and shower and all that are gross, he does a good job scrubbing them but still.... thats a pain. Plus it smells bad and makes for bad hair days and not so soft skin! yuck! I don't blame you ONE bit. Id want it up and running again ASAP if it were me too!
celstu1 is offline   Reply With Quote