4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > The Positive Forum!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
My Mom Is Home!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy to let you all know my Mom is home from the hospital!!!

I kept praying for God to send someone to help us...and then Dr. Abadoli came into our lives on Wednesday. Mom's surgeon (Dr. Shook), when asked if this gushing of blood that happened over the weekend and the constant blood tranfusions (that have been going on now for two years)were related, said NO. One didn't have anything to do with the other.

Dr. Abadoli came to Mom's room Wednesday to release her (Dr. Shook's orders). I told him she still had blood coming from the bowels and since it was red and not dark it was fresh blood. I also asked him since all the symptoms were exactly the same if the blood loss that started 2 years ago and the gushing of blood over the weekend could be related and HE said YES, He said he then wouldn't let her go home, but was ordering a tag blood test to be done and done before the end of the day. God Bless this man...it showed the hole in her colon.

On Thursday they scheduled the colonoscopy for 3:00 PM, but I got a call around 10:00 AM that they were moving the colonoscopy up to 11:00 AM, for one thing, they had an opening, the other was nothing but blood was coming from my Mom.

While 'in there' they found a liesion (it was bleeding) and was able to fix it and then they found the hole (it too bleeding, but bleeding a lot) and used a staple to close it. After going back to her room, they had to give her more blood. They have checked her every 8 hours since the colonoscopy and she has not lost ANY blood. This Dr. Shook, who said the two incidents were not related now says, he's pretty sure this has been the cause for the last 2 years!! Can you believe that?

Mom MAY NOT have to have any more blood if indeed this was the problem all along.

God Bless Dr. Abadoli for coming into our lives and listening to me when I asked questions. He was so willing to give me his time and answer my questions when no other Dr. would.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Janet, this is wonderful news! I am so... so happy for you, and your mom, i'm sure she must be feeling so much better. What a nice doctor he is, Bless hes heart.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Oh, Janet!!! This is such great news!!! I'm glad that a doctor finally paid attention to what you were saying, took action, and corrected what was wrong!! Now your Mom is on the road to recovery!!! God is good!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Janet what wonderful news!!! Thank God for your concerns were all answered and mom will be on road to recovery.. Just in time for the Holiday!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:49 PM   #5
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Janet, I'm SO glad you finally found someone who would listen and do what needed to be done!
I'm sure you're ALL feeling better now. Thank God!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #6
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Janet, that's SUCH great news! I'm just so happy for you and your mom!! *big hugs*
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote