4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 09-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
vainchick5

Is it normal...

To feel scared about getting married as time gets closer? I feel like lately Rob and I have been arguing a lot. I know we're both under a lot of pressure, but its like he's gotten so sensitive to everything and so have I. Then it's like stuff we've planned TOGETHER he suddenly wants to cancel and it's like HEY I'M IN THIS RELATIONSHIP TOO, YOU CAN'T JUST CANCEL WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT. I don't know maybe the arguing and worrying has got me all wound up. Is it normal to feel like this??
Old 09-28-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

It most definatly is normal to feel that way! I got married in 2004, and remember having the jitters, and cold feet all too well.
It's a big step in your life, and a day you will never forget.
Try not to stress too much, because it all turns out just fine in the end.
My worste fear was my wedding dress that was getting bigger, and bigger each time i had to go for a fitting, i wouldnt stop losing weight.
We seem to think, that the guys dont worry like we do, but they do, just the same.
Try to enjoy all the preperations, and do as much as you can together, it's a lot of fun, just try stay relaxed.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
vainchick5

Thanks Mandy. We just started living together too so it's hard for me to adjust. It just feels like he's overbearing at times but I don't know if that's just because I'm used to living by myself..lol..I just want my own space..lol..I dont want to do his laundry, just mine. He's so helpful with the house and everything, but he's been so moody, that I feel like we're both walking on eggshells so we don't fight.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #4
Mandy

I catch your "drift" and yes, it's a challenge, your whole life is turned around, at times you will wonder "what have i done?" but thats part of the parcel lol
When you feel, you need space, take your babies out, and go for a walk. It's not good to walk on eggshells to avoid an argument, it's better to lay it out now, so that he knows what you expect, and it's no crime to teach a man how to work a laundry machine lol
Has he given you the reason why hes moody? Sometimes guys have stress at work, and as strange as it sounds, they "take it out" on those closest to them.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
vainchick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
I catch your "drift" and yes, it's a challenge, your whole life is turned around, at times you will wonder "what have i done?" but thats part of the parcel lol
When you feel, you need space, take your babies out, and go for a walk. It's not good to walk on eggshells to avoid an argument, it's better to lay it out now, so that he knows what you expect, and it's no crime to teach a man how to work a laundry machine lol
Has he given you the reason why hes moody? Sometimes guys have stress at work, and as strange as it sounds, they "take it out" on those closest to them.
WE got in a huge blow out fight the other night, and it WASN'T EVEN ANYTHING TO DO WITH US. He's pissed at his boss, he was upset with his family and I was his first moving target. We talked through it and he admited he was in the wrong but it still bothered me that it happened period. I always start the laundry and he folds or helps fold them, but I still want to be a brat and not do them at all. I swear when he says " HONEY CAN WE DO LAUNDRY TONIGHT" I just want to stick my toothbrush up his nose..lol..Is that bad??
Old 09-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vainchick5
WE got in a huge blow out fight the other night, and it WASN'T EVEN ANYTHING TO DO WITH US. He's pissed at his boss, he was upset with his family and I was his first moving target. We talked through it and he admited he was in the wrong but it still bothered me that it happened period. I always start the laundry and he folds or helps fold them, but I still want to be a brat and not do them at all. I swear when he says " HONEY CAN WE DO LAUNDRY TONIGHT" I just want to stick my toothbrush up his nose..lol..Is that bad??

As long as you keep the communication going things should be alright. It's normal to have the feelings you're having. Don't fight your feelings, let them come, feel them, understand why you're feeling this way and get through them......together.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:36 PM   #7
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vainchick5

LMAO@ the toothbrush - but no it's not bad.... it's what you feeling, just dont ignore what you feel, face it, and get it out, let him know what's bothering you.