4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 10-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #1
Kimberley

What do you collect?

Let's see them, ladies! What type of items are you a collector of? I haven't spent much time on my collection lately, but I LOVE Hummels and Lladros. Also, Precious Moments and decorative crosses.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
2tiredmom

I collect anything with barns, shirts, sweatshirts, nick nacks, plates, anything.
If I had my way and lots of money. I'd live in a barn. I also use collect longenberger baskets. I have 63 of them but have stopped collecting because they cost to much any more.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #3
Taurus Babe

I collect little boxes from all around the world. It's very fun!
Old 10-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #4
Willow

Hmm...I collect lots of things..Cherished Teddies, Yorkies (alive and decorative! LOL) and Ty Beanie Bears, although I haven't bought a beanie bear in several months!
Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #5
May5

I collect frogs (not real ones....yet...). So far I have like 50 or something like that.... they're starting to take up too much space!
Old 10-08-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I have several collections. I collect Sabino glass. It's glass that has gold in it and it is white with opalescent colors all through it. I have several birds, butterflies, and perfume bottles. It's very expensive so I only buy one every once in a while. Here's a link so you can look at one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sabino-Art-Glass...QQcmdZViewItem

I also collect Hallmark Christmas ornaments. This collection is one that my husband hates. It takes a lot of room to store the ornaments and the boxes, but I just love decorating for Christmas and getting them all out (which takes forever!!!). My tree is always very, very decorated. I play a little game with my grandchildren after the tree is decorated. Our tree stand makes the tree turn around so I ask the kids to find certain ornaments. Kind of a search and find. Everyone always has their favorites.

I also collect antique children's toys. I have several oak cabinets from the early 1900's filled with little kitchen things and I have a little laundry set with a clothes line, wringer washer, little iron, and even clothes pins. I also have a couple of miniature oak dressers. I just finished an antique children's dish set (I love e-Bay!!!) and I also have several other dish sets.

I probably have a few other collections but these are the main ones. I love going to flea markets and garage sales but I get a lot of stuff from e-bay.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote