4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

weather

Well, summer has finally hit and the temps are supposed to be 100+ for the next week - probably longer. (sigh) We've enjoyed a relatively cool and wet summer so far, so I can't complain.

BAAAAWWWWAAAAHHHH! I AM COMPLAINING!

OK, now I feel better!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I know a little of what you mean Gayle. We had such a long stretch of temps in the 90's and high humidity. Then we had a few days of decent temps and lower humidity and now it's back up again. I don't do well when it's this hot.

Really hate to say this, but I'm ready for fall.....NOT WINTER....just fall and those cooler evening temps.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It was 99 when I left work today at 5:00, but it didn't really feel that hot - till I turned the corner to walk to the parking lot and that HOT wind hit me. Hot wind means the temps are really high. However, in the shade of the building it didn't feel that bad. The high was supposed to have been 103 and the sites I checked for temps did not get above 99 and now it is only 98!!! YAY!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We were 104* today!!! Hot.....Hot!!!! Of course, we always have high humidity with it so it's even worse. UGH......I'm planning on just staying in the pond!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I would just have to set up shop in the pond if it were 104 with humidity! Goodness!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
Janet

I'm surprised as much as you love to swim Diana that you don't have a nice inground pool, that's even heated so you can swim way into the fall.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We've had some strange weather in the U.S. this winter. I hope you all up north don't get too much more snow!

We have been in a moderately severe drought in central Texas this fall/winter. But we've had some nice rain lately. The past couple of days we've had an inch and a half of slow drizzle. It's the kind that all soaks in. YAY!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #8
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

We have had a lot of rain in since yesterday. In fact, it hasn't stopped since yesterday morning. I think I brought the rain back from Seattle, lol! Except it mostly drizzles there. But like Gayle, we really needed it
Old 01-17-2011, 04:06 AM   #9
Janet

There has been some strange weather everywhere I think....rain/mudslides in Brazil, flooding in Austrailia. It's early AM and just can't think of the others right now.

Today we are expecting temps in the 30's, but later tonight rain moving in turning to sleet and ice. Hope it doesn't get too bad and then the temps are to drop into the single digits on Wednesday and Thursday.

My old bones just can't take much more of the cold so ....... COME ON SPRING!!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We still have snow on the ground. We turned off really cold after it snowed and so it hasn't had time to melt but today you can tell that it's finally leaving. The kids and Glen all went sledding the other day and had a blast. I copied some of Amy's videos on FB so you could see them!! I stayed in the house with Dean and made sure that I had hot water for hot cocoa and also made some no-bake cookies!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #11
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

We still have a crapload of snow, of course It has snowed for the past few days straight, and this morning the windchill was -35 C (-31 F). Tomorrow it's finally supposed to warm up a bit!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote