4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Oh Oh

We have Dish Network TV in our living room and master bedroom. Nothing fancy, just the basic 200 channel package. The dish sits on top of our entryway. The cable runs under the edge of the siding along the front of the house, and around the corner to the end for our bedroom connection. Unfortunately, the dogs discovered the cable and managed to pull it out and chewed through it! So now there's no reception in the bedroom.

I contacted DNTV and can't get anyone out here for a week to repair it. I asked that they be prepared to reroute it so this doesn't happen again. I also asked if they could lengthen the cable in my living room since the short cable now restricts where the tv has to sit to a small inconvenient corner. For both items to be dealt with I will be charged $99. Bah Humbug!

I would love to move the living room TV and mount it on a wall, but my goofy DH doesn't want it where I do because on that wall is a large framed picture that he really likes and he doesn't want to have to remove it. What's funny is that I got the picture several years ago for FREE at a garage sale and when I brought it home I didn't even have a place to hang it. I wasn't at all sure what Greg would think of it and certainly never expected him to like it enough to fight to keep it! LOL

welcome picture.jpg
The picture in the center of our debate. LOL Obviously nothing special... except that dh really likes it on the faux brick wall. LOL
So would you just let it be since it's VERY seldom that he even tries to have a "say" in our decorating? Or would you move it and be able to re arrange the room how YOU want it? I have a week to decide.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Maybe a compromise.....keep in hanging in the same room, just move it somewhere else.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

How involved is your husband in your decorating? Does he help you quite a bit or not too much? If he doesn't help too much then I would do it my way. If he's pretty involved in decorating with you then explain to him what else you have in mind for that wall and that you're moving the picture to another place. Then you can do it your way again!!! It's a WIN-WIN situation!!!!!

My husband doesn't give a hoot how I decorate. Well, I guess I should say that he helped me to pick out the furniture but not any of the other stuff. His only worries about decorating is that he wants it to look nice and uncluttered. He doesn't even get to pick out paint!!! I really just need him to keep supplying the money!!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #4
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Thanks ladies!
The way my home is set up, I have very little wall space. I have 4 large windows in the living/family room, so there's great natural light, yet very little space to hang anything on walls. One end of the room faces the kitchen and is divided from it by a snack counter, so there's no upper wall there at all. So this leaves me only the faux brick wall.

I'm not a huge TV watcher. Have always resented that the TV has to be the focal point of our seating arrangement for the viewing comfort of others. LOL When dh and I met, I hadn't had a tv for a LONG time. I couldn't have cared less. HE couldn't stand it and went so far as to go out and buy me a TV and then couldn't understand my luke warm acceptance of it. So quite honestly, this isn't a new issue for us.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:55 AM   #5
Marilyn

Hope it works out. My hubby and I decorate together. He helps me find the things that I'm looking for and we both have a say in it. He is color blind, so he trusts me on the colors & usually my opinion overrides his on form and function.

Your delimma is a tough one. The picture looks like it is over a couch or love seat. Will the TV really work there?
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think having the TV on the wall is great and probably better for your neck, because you can look up at it. Can you manage both on the same wall? (It may not look great to you, but Greg is such a good husband).

judy is offline   Reply With Quote