4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Question Need To Keep The Cat Warm

Okay...our new family member is an outside cat. I just can't stand the thought of the cat hair and the spraying in the house. So, Ricky made a 'cat house'...lol..and put a nice bed in it and the house is in the garage. Do you think the cat will be warm enough out there? I would like to keep her warmer, but I don't want to have a fire hazard either. On my route I see cats out in the weather and they must be use to it because they don't act cold. Think she'll be alright? You can tell...we've grown quite attached to her.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes, I think she'll be OK, but you could maybe put a light bulb in her house, if it is big enough. I bet Rick or Ricky have one of those shop lights (to work on cars) that is a bulb on the end of a long cord. If so, you could hang it from the roof of the house (inside) so it would be warmer, if the house is big (tall) enough.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
Janet

It's not tall enough, he build it small but wide enough to fit the bed in. Thought it would be better to keep the body heat in. Guess we'll just keep an eye on her and if she looks like she is really cold we could always put her in a crate and bring her in over night. We don't keep the back room as warm as the rest of the house so it should be okay once in awhile I would think. I don't know.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yeah, you are right, if the house is small, her body heat will likely be enough and if it gets really cold, just bring her in!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
Janet

I don't know much about cats, but Rick grilled some pork chops this evening so I took out the bone in mine and gave it to the cat. She was so happy!!! I could darn near see her wag her tail...lolol. We sure are getting a big kick out of her.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #6
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Cover the house with a thick cover.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote