4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > 4WT Recipes

Old 03-12-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
your perfect meal

If you could have anything you want for dinner tonight what would it be?

What are you actually having?
Old 03-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
If you could have anything you want for dinner tonight what would it be?

What are you actually having?

A HUGE Lobster tail broiled and seasoned perfectly w/ drawn butter, a small perfectly aged filet mignon cooked medium rare, ceaser salad w/ fresh cracked pepper and scrumptious croutons, a baked potatoe loaded of course w/ extra cheddar cheese and sour cream. (don't forget the chives), a bottle of a fine Merlot, no make that two bottles, and crusty french sourdough bread w/ fresh real butter and a heck of alot of it!!

What am I actually having? Jenny Craig frozen crap on a plate meal.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
A HUGE Lobster tail broiled and seasoned perfectly w/ drawn butter, a small perfectly aged filet mignon cooked medium rare, ceaser salad w/ fresh cracked pepper and scrumptious croutons, a baked potatoe loaded of course w/ extra cheddar cheese and sour cream. (don't forget the chives), a bottle of a fine Merlot, no make that two bottles, and crusty french sourdough bread w/ fresh real butter and a heck of alot of it!!

Sheryl, I think I'll just join you, okay. Your menu is just what I'd want, minus the filet mignon and wine, but the rest is a definite !! Perfect!!!

What I just had, pan seared wild caught halibut with steamed mixed vegatables, salad with a little blue cheese dressing & whole wheat thin spagetti noodles with olive oil, romano cheese and a bit of garlic salt. We eat very little red meat.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Sheryl, I think I'll just join you, okay. Your menu is just what I'd want, minus the filet mignon and wine, but the rest is a definite !! Perfect!!!

What I just had, pan seared wild caught halibut with steamed mixed vegatables, salad with a little blue cheese dressing & whole wheat thin spagetti noodles with olive oil, romano cheese and a bit of garlic salt. We eat very little red meat.
Sheryl and Marilyn , I will join the both of you , minus the filet mignon and make it a bottle of Pinot Grigot...

I was in a mood for homemade vegatable soup. and I cheated and had some italian bread with a little butter on it.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:07 AM   #5
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:

This would be my perfect meal as well, but I want my ceaser salad homemade and my potato twice baked. YUMMY!!!!!! I would finish it off with homemade chocolate molten cake...the kind with the center that oozing chocolate and makes the cake all moist.

We actually had a very good dinner last night. Hubby did ribs which were PERFECT and we had mashed potatoes.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
magnolia

Joining late but - I would like to have steamed shrimp and steak (medium rare) with fresh salad and ranch dressing. Or, homemade mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, oven fried chicken, salad, and rolls. No dessert - we are not big dessert eaters.

Last night, I fed the boys pancakes - hubby was at work. Tonight, I'm gonna try to figure out how to get my burger to taste like shrimp and steak

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #7
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
LOL suzi... if you figure out how to get your burger to tase like shrimp and steak you will be able to eat shrimp and steak every night instead!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #8
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia

Tonight, I'm gonna try to figure out how to get my burger to taste like shrimp and steak

LOL!!!!!! Please do tell us if you figure that one out. That's hilarious.

I've been working soooo hard today and I asked my hubby if we can go to our favorite Mexican place. I'm just going to have to think of Jenny Craig tomorrow, not tonight. I really need my Carne Asada tacos w/ a spritz of lime and salt, chips with cheese dip, salsa, and a big ol jumbo margarita! Oh Yum I can barely stand it. (I'm waiting for him to finish up working so we can go!!)

I'm sorry, but not every night can be a "diet night". One has GOT to splurge sometimes or they will go insane. Atleast I know I will that's for sure.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #9
Marilyn

Quote:
... chips with cheese dip....
No offense, Sheryl, but his cracks me up!!!!! Only in Arkansas. One of our daughters spent a year at Harding Univ. in Searcy. There was a very nice Mexican Restaurant in town that appeared to be very authentic with Mexicans working there. Being from South Texas, we ask for chili con queso with our chips, and they looked at us like we were crazy. They did not know what we meant. Finally after describing what we wanted, they said, "Oh, cheese dip".

CHEESE DIP???????? Chili con queso is not CHEESE DIP!! Just a warning, if you are in Texas, ask for chili con queso or they will probably laugh you out of the restaurant.

Although with so many northerners migrating down, they are now asking if you want sweet or unsweet tea. This was also unheard of down here. If you wanted tea, it was never supplied with sugar. The sugar and sweetener were and still are on the table. If you ask for sweet tea 5 years ago, the server would probably have ask you what was wrong? Your arm broke???

This began happening around the time that Texas Roadhouse came to town. You know, that fine INDIANA based restaurant chain!!?? Sorry, Janet, but there ain't nuthin' Texas about the way they serve their food. I knew something was wrong when they asked if I wanted sweet or unsweet tea!!!

Times they are a changing!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #10
cindy0721

Send a message via Yahoo to cindy0721
hmmm would love some chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and cornbread with a cold coke.. yummmy
Old 03-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #11
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

A whole dish of fresh strawberries with melted chocolate NOT having that now tho, i am not allowing myself chocs for a few weeks
Old 03-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Crab legs with melted butter, a baked potato on the side with butter and sour cream, and a salad with all the goodies in it with homemade ranch dressing!! YUMMY!!!

I think that we're having something with hamburger. I just haven't figured out what just yet!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #13
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Home fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, homemade rolls or bread, , broccoli and chocolate cake for desert. That was my birthday meal when I was little.

Tonight the boys had scouts so we had frozen pizza.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #14
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Home fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, homemade rolls or bread, , broccoli and chocolate cake for desert.
That's always been one of my favorite meals!! My Mom used to fix it for my birthday too!!! I almost put that down instead of the crab legs!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #15
asunset4me

My perfect meal is delmonico steak cooked medium well on a grill. I want a baked sweet potato with lots of butter and cinamon. Asparagus with cheese. Last, home made cheesecake.

We actually had pancakes and sausage.

Jennifer