4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 07-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I Think Mom Is Starting To Fade.......

Mom hasn't been doing very well the last few days. I told the visiting nurse today about my concerns. Mom has stayed at a steady 134.7 lbs for quite some time now. But a few days ago, she has dropped to 127.2 lbs. She's not eating well. Food doesn't taste good and she gets sick to her stomach so she quits eating. She also has trouble getting some of the nasty pills down and will vomit. This goes on every day. The Drs don't seem too concerned because they said there is really nothing that can be done to help her except maybe some anti-nausea medicine. She has been staying in bed for the last two days with very little energy. The home health aide came and was able to give her a bath and I am very thankful for that. I'm really not sure what to do since I've let her Dr and nurse know. Monday we go to the kidney Dr. and to have labs done so maybe she will find some kind of comfort.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think this would be a good time to try hospice again. Seems like there was some sort of misunderstanding the last time about dialysis. Am I remembering correctly? I think hospice could really help a lot. She needs comfort care right now, and hospice is usually the best at providing comfort care.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
Janet

Thank you Gayle....I was thinking today of contacting them. I will be doing that on Monday after her appt. with the kidney dr.

You were right in remembering there was some sort of misunderstanding. One Dr. thought she needed it right away and the other Dr. couldn't understand why. They also sent out a very young man to speak with us and he acted like it was his first day on the job... lol.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, I'm so sorry to hear that about your Mom. I know that it has to be really hard to see her getting weaker. You are both in my prayers. I think that Gayle is right......it's time to contact hospice again.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
Tiramisu

She must be so tired. I know youre tired and that you will hold on as long as you can. Get all the help you can and keep her comfortable.

My Mom's been gone three years this week.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
Janet

I am so sorry this sort of anniversary is coming up for you Sandy. I know it has to be hard.

You're right....I am tired, but so is Mom. The thing I'm having trouble with now is that she is finding it hard to swallow food. She can chew, but it doesn't want to go down she says. I will speak with the kidney Dr and nurses and see what they say and then make an appt with her regular Dr. It's hard not knowing what to do or which Dr. to contact. If it wasn't for Gayle....I'd be more crazy than I am.