4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Polls

View Poll Results: How Often Do You Call Out of Work?
Never 4 26.67%
Maybe 1 Time a Year 6 40.00%
About 2-3 Times a Year 1 6.67%
About 4-6 Times a Year 1 6.67%
More than 7 Times a Year 1 6.67%
I use all my sick days! I usually have ___ days. 2 13.33%
Other: Please Explain 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
BabyNicole

How Often Do You Call Out of Work?

How Often Do You Call Out of Work?

I'm pretty bad. If I feel the least bit sick, I call out. If I go in sick I feel horrible, I'm bitchy, and I don't want to get the students sick. Since September I've been out 5 days, and have 2 doctor's notes already. Sometimes I feel like a hypocondriac.

So, what about you all?
Old 11-30-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
When I worked full-time, I never called in sick unless it was a necessity. I didn't like getting behind. Now that I drive a school bus, I've never called in sick. Well, now wait a minute, I did one time when I had an inner ear infection and couldn't stand up without falling over. I completely lost my balance.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Well I get 10 paid vacation days, 10 paid sick days, and 1 paid "personal" day per year. I am a litigation paralegal in a large firm, so if I'm not there, there is always someone to cover my slack with no problems at all. No one really cares if I'm there or not to be perfectly honest. So you better believe that I use all my sick time and all my vacation time!!!!!!
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #4
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I am an independent contractor ( realtor ) so I answer to me, lol I can take off whenever I need to, I just have to re arrange my appts..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:11 PM   #5
BabyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Well I get 10 paid vacation days, 10 paid sick days, and 1 paid "personal" day per year. I am a litigation paralegal in a large firm, so if I'm not there, there is always someone to cover my slack with no problems at all. No one really cares if I'm there or not to be perfectly honest. So you better believe that I use all my sick time and all my vacation time!!!!!!
You go girl!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 03:29 AM   #6
highlans

What is the legal holiday entitlement in America? we have a minimum 20 days some companys will give longer depends on how long you have been with them.
highlans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #7
ARCHIE

I have worked for the same company for 24yrs.
I rarely am sick and have accumulated the max for sick days.(120)
I loose 1 day per month at this point but I just can't call in sick when I'm not.

Carol
Old 12-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #8
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlans
What is the legal holiday entitlement in America? we have a minimum 20 days some companys will give longer depends on how long you have been with them.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but to answer your question, I don't think there is a legal holiday entitlement in America. Most employers have set holidays that they observe. Most will at least give you off on Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, July 4th (Independance Day), if you are not working for a company that is open for business on these days. Some let you off on Labor Day, Memorial Day, or President's Day. If you work for a bank or the post office, you get all kinds of paid holiday's. In addition to these days, most employers give you at least a weeks vacation (5 working days) per year in addition to any paid holidays. It depends on the employer, some offer 2 weeks vacation (10 working days) per year. Most usually add another week after 5 years of employment, more at 10 years, just depends on the company.

To answer the question posted by the thread. I only take a sick day when I'm actually sick. We accrue sick days and I want them to be available in case I get really sick or require surgery or something. Plus, I feel your employer should only pay sick leave when you are actually sick.

I get like 8 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 2 floating holidays, and 2 personal days in addition to sick days, where I currently work.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32

Last edited by Marilyn; 12-08-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote