4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 09-09-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Yuk Topic

Okay everyone...who has had their gallbladder out? I've heard from so many people that once it's out, eating will never be the same. It won't be the same because everytime you eat it goes right through you. What is with that?

We like to go out and eat (not very often) and maybe hit a store or two. Usually by the time I get to the store my first stop is the restroom and usually in a hurry. I know from others I've talked with it is common, but thought I would post here and see just how common it really is. AND is there something that can help?
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
Necee419

Sorry i can't help but my mom has stones in her gallbladder and she gets these extremely painful attacks sometimes when she eats the wrong things. Her doctor recommended she remove her gallbladder but she hasn't scheduled the surgery yet. He told her she can't have coffee (which she LOVES), greasy foods or anything too spicy. It has been really hard for her. I hope that when she finally gets it removed it will get better for her.
Necee419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:02 PM   #3
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necee419
Sorry i can't help but my mom has stones in her gallbladder and she gets these extremely painful attacks sometimes when she eats the wrong things. Her doctor recommended she remove her gallbladder but she hasn't scheduled the surgery yet. He told her she can't have coffee (which she LOVES), greasy foods or anything too spicy. It has been really hard for her. I hope that when she finally gets it removed it will get better for her.
Tell her to schedule it soon, I had the same problem and now it's great!!!.....except for the going to the bathroom within 30 minutes of eating...LOL. But she'll be able to eat whatever she wants once she's had the surgery.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #4
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

My cousin had this surgery years ago, and she never looked back, she eats whatever she wants, and she has no bathroom problems at all.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #5
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necee419

Forgot to say that with the surgery, I was in and out of the hospital the same day. No problems at all.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #6
Kimberley

My mom had hers removed earlier this year. She hasn't said anything about this problem though. Her problem is STILL, she only goes to the bathroom every couple of days.
Kimberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #7
Janet

She's so lucky. Sometimes it's just really inconvenient if ya know what I mean. But the way I feel is if that's the only thing I have to put up with, I'm okay with it.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
hanau

i had my gallbladder taken out last year,had no more problems afterwards .Thank God,i had horrible pains for years,untill i learned about a natural way of getting rid of gallstones.I did that for years and it really worked.I got rid of several stones each time i did this thing.It envolved drinkink 4 ounces of olive oil mixed with fresh lemon juice.It sounds awful but it really doesn't taste that bad.The whole treatment lasted only 1 day,by next morning i was rid of several stones.But finally i desidet to have my gallblader taken out and i am glad i did.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #9
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

My hubby thinks he needs his gall bladder taken out. He has a persistent pain in his side and he cannot think what else it might be.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:51 AM   #10
Jladie

My sil had her's removed and now swears it's the best thing she ever did! Let us know what you decide, so that others may learn from your experience.

Good luck to you!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:39 AM   #11
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
My hubby thinks he needs his gall bladder taken out. He has a persistent pain in his side and he cannot think what else it might be.
He probably should have it checked, could be kidney stones too!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:46 AM   #12
Sherry Lynn

I still have my gallbladder, and I'm always in the bathroom right after eating... I thought everybody was like that.

My mom had her's removed last year and the out-patient surgery went smoothly and she didn't have any problems afterwards. She's glad she did it.
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote