4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-11-2006, 05:44 AM   #1
magnolia

In Remebrance

May we never forget that terrible day. To families of those who's lives were lost that day, may God bless you and comfort you today.

http://www.geocities.com/gabi_312/wtc.html

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:38 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Do you remember where you were? As a school bus driver I was on a field trip to a Lafayette, IN stage production for first graders. The other bus driver and I went to a restaurant around the corner to eat some breakfast and saw it on the TV that they had on. We went back to the bus and listened to the radio and then we looked and saw that all the students and teachers were on their way back to the buses. They had heard what had happened and were instructed to come back to school. After we got back to school, I watched it on the TV in the school library. I remember some parents were scared and came and got their children from school. I stayed at school all day in the library waiting for school to end. I didn't want my son to be afraid and I thought keeping him in school, doing normal things would help. He did know I was there and knew I wouldn't leave him.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:06 AM   #3
magnolia

I will never forget where I was that day! I had pulled up at the hospital about 7:50 that morning as I had a class to teach. As I parked, I heard on the radio that there was a fire at one of the WTC buildings and they thought it might be an explosion, they'd report more as more info became available. That's all I heard as I had to start the class at 8:00. At 10:00, I decided to give them a break and I went to the smoking area. The looks on the faces of my friends there was indescribable! I asked what was wrong and one of them said we are under attack. I asked what happened and they couldn't believe I didn't know (I was stuck in the basement of the hospital in the computer lab with no tv). I went back to the lab, found the only computer that had internet access and pulled up CNN to read a little of what was happening but had to get the class started back. It wasn't until I got home and watched the replays of the days events unfold that it really "hit" me what had happened. All I could do was sit on the couch, glued to the tv, and cry

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:16 AM   #4
Kimberley

I was washing dishes at the in-laws. I could not believe what I was seeing on t.v. I cried for those poor people!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
It is so sad that there is so much evil in the world. I had hoped my son would grow up in a peaceful world, but it looks like it just gets worse with time.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #6
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I don't think a day has passed since that horrible day that i havent thought about it. I do hope that those involved find comfort today. The world truly has been changed forever.

I do remember where I was. I was driving home that morning from work as I had a migrane. It was all over the radio and I found myself driving faster and faster to get home and turn the t.v. on.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote