4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 03-24-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
Shada

Office romance.. don't do it!

I am such a mess right now.

I was stupid. Very stupid. I made a huge mistake in letting a co-worker into my personal life. Something I do not believe in, have never done before.. but this guy was good. He wormed himself into my life believing he was special..

A litttle background. I have worked at the same place for over 20 years. Never have I gotten involved with anybody I work with. Seen too many office romances that are public and people talking about.. never did I want to have myself a a part of that discussion. Never. Many people I work with jump from man to man, or woman to woman, and continue on.. sick to me. There is one person who is known as the company 'whore' for lack of a better word. She is married, but has, and will, sleep with anyone who pays her any attention. Many men. She has no morals, sex to her is just a game. And she plays a lot of games.

Now my story.

A new man got a job, management position. His home is 3 1/2 hours away. He stayed in town to work during the week and went home for weekends. Very private man. Daily he came to me and spoke.. over little things, just making polite conversation, but over time, approx. 9 months, I started to think this guy was different from anyone I had known before and I would like to get to know better.

So, against my better judgement, I asked him if I would be out of line to ask him over for dinner. He accepted my invitation, and we had a wonderful evening speaking of our lives, what we believed in, what we wanted out of life..
and it started. For the past year and a half I have been seeing him. I fell in love. Totally unlike anything I have felt before.

But remember, this was work related. He was in top management. Our relationship had to be hid because of his position. Prior to seeing him, I had not been in any type of relationship for 3 years. I do not believe in a casual relationship, casual sex.. for me feelings have to be there, and it had been years since I had cared for anyone. I had not even dated, and he knew this.

The company 'whore' had been chasing after him since day one. We spoke of her. He was the one to bring her up. He told me how she would call him, stop over to ask him if 'he wanted company' and he would slam the door in her face.. hang up on her when she called.. He hated her. So he said. I hated her for continueing to try to seduce him. Thought she finally found the one guy who turned her down and she would not give up.. and I had to work with her and hear from others about how she wanted him..and I could say nothing. Because I was living this big secret with him, loving him, and not telling anyone because of his position.

Then.. he lost his job.
He left town, went back to his home town.. did not call me. I called him.. never returned my calls.

I started hearing rumors. About him and her. I spoke to her. Oh she gladly told me, for she had heard rumors about him and I. Rumors that I had denied for I wanted to protect his job. His image. She told me how she had been seeing him for the last 2 years. Having sex with him. She told me how she had sex with him at least twice a week, then she would go home to her husband.

So there is a very good chance that he had sex with her, then came to my home.
That makes me so sick... to think he would do that.. could do that.. when I had no idea.. and I invited him into my home not knowing!!

I emailed him with the information she gave me, he told me it was a stupid rumor, he would not respond to a 'she said' then he basically told me his personal life was none of my business, and he wished for me to have a long fulfulling life.

I have heard nothing from him since. It has been over a month, and I know I will never hear from him again. I have not, and will not, try to contact him again.

But oh how I hurt. I love this man. I have to go to work daily looking at this woman, seeing images I do not want to think about.. I see her, and think about him with her....
and I cannot get him out of my mind.

I truly thought he was special. Honest. A man of character. What a fool I was.

Oh, he was special all right. He taught me a huge life lesson. One I hope to never repeat.

So here I am, alone again, and wondering what I did wrong, knowing I did nothing wrong. I believed and trusted. He was the one who deceived me.

I let him into my life, asked him into my life.
I go to sleep thinking of him, wake up thinking of him, so many good memories, now so many tainted memories..

I know time will ease my pain, but for now..
I have to hurt alone, for I lied to my family, my friends, about my situation. I have to handle it on my own. I will. I have been.

I know I will be alright. I will get over this.

I will!!!

But right now.. I hurt.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Im sorry if this sounds harsh, but in my opinion, that "man" is not worth hurting for! He had a good time while it lasted, had hes cake and are it.

He needs to be deleted out of your mind!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
He may not be worth 'hurting for', but you're still hurting. Most likely, because the ending of this relationship had no closure whatsoever. Maybe it would help if you could write a letter, telling him exactly how you felt about him, how you feel about how he treated you, and what you really think of men who treat women that way. You don't have to send the letter, but maybe, writing it all out, will help you close this chapter so you can move on.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I know I'm young but I do know how it feels to be betrayed like that. I was in a 3-year relationship and when it ended I found out that he had cheated on me the whole time. I know it hurts. You deserve better than that, and I pray that you will stay strong and don't try to make contact no matter how hard it is. It's easier said than done, I know just recently going through a breakup myself. I'm glad you found this forum, the women here are a great support system.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
Shada

Lindsey, thank you for your kind words, I have also read your posts and know you yourself are going thru a hard time.
Believe this: You and I will become stronger, we will survive and in time will be able to look back and be thankful we are no longer with a man who would treat us this way.

They on the other hand have to look back with regret that they treated a person who only wanted to love them, make them happy, in such a cheap shabby way.

Janet, funny you should mention I should put it down in words just how he made me feel. I did just that a week ago. Wrote him a long email explaining how I thought he was such a man of character, honesty, integrity.
How he made me feel, leaving town like a coward, and leaving me to hear the truth from others.
Then I deleted it.

Thank you all for your replys.

This is a nice forum and I am glad I discovered it.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Smile

Sorry to hear about this story and the hurt that he created. You had put your trust in him. Just curious did he ever tell you that he wanted more out of this relationship? I don't know about the office hoe, would you think that she would lie? What reason would she have to. I believe he was dishonest with you from the get go, and he preyed on your kind character..

You have been working on the job for over 20 years , I am assuming that you are an older woman and he was a older man. I am sorry to say but by him leaving without a goodbye tells me he his not a nice person. For you to email him and for his response to be none of your business, he is so wrong, he lead you on for 18 mts. you deserve more than that. Like Janet said write him a letter, but I would email it to him. Just put your cards on the table and let him know what a despeciable person that he is, and what goes around, comes around. I am sorry but he sounds like a player not a decent person. I think once you write your thoughts and send it to him, it will be a satisfaction, I know when I am fuming I need to vent to get it off my chest. I don't think this relationship will resurect and I don't think you should want it to. You need to move forward and remember that you are a decent person and good things will come to you.. Good luck!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #7
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shada
Lindsey, thank you for your kind words, I have also read your posts and know you yourself are going thru a hard time.
Believe this: You and I will become stronger, we will survive and in time will be able to look back and be thankful we are no longer with a man who would treat us this way.

They on the other hand have to look back with regret that they treated a person who only wanted to love them, make them happy, in such a cheap shabby way.

Janet, funny you should mention I should put it down in words just how he made me feel. I did just that a week ago. Wrote him a long email explaining how I thought he was such a man of character, honesty, integrity.
How he made me feel, leaving town like a coward, and leaving me to hear the truth from others.
Then I deleted it.

Thank you all for your replys.

This is a nice forum and I am glad I discovered it.
Shada it sounds like you have answered your own questions. You know you deserve better & you know you will find that someday. You also know that he (they) WILL regret it one day after you have found true happiness. I wish speed in your heart healing & hope for you to find a real man in your next relationship.