4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 04-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Riot on Campus???

I'm really scared there's going to be a riot here today or sometime soon. This has never been a problem at my school before, but today there are people out on the court with HUGE signs that say stuff like "Sodomy: It's to DIE for" and "AIDS: Judgment or cure?"and "Homosexuals go to hell." Other people have signs that say "God loves all of His children." It's very heated. People are yelling and are SO angry. There are police out there but they aren't doing anything because of freedom of speech, but it's so out of hand. The crowds are huge so if something happens it could be really scary. Please keep my school in your prayers.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
Lissa

Wow, we have people with signs like that all the time, but we haven't had problems with mobbing. I think it's cause all the Greeks are usually out there recruiting and selling bbq, and the smell of the sausages keeps everyone calm

I'll be thinking of you and I hope nothing will happen!!!!

Marilyn's Disappearing Daughter!!
Cake or Death, Melissa
"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." Heb 10:35-36

Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Please keep yourself safe.

Sadly, when people are screaming and raging at each other, the message gets lost in the passion. If they'd sit down patiently and lovingly they might be able to accomplish something worthwhile.

If they'd just stop to ask themselves what Jesus would do, maybe they'd not be so intolerant. He set an example for us of love and guidance... leaving the judgement to His Father. Why is that so hard for the rest of us to follow?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #4
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Please keep yourself safe.

Sadly, when people are screaming and raging at each other, the message gets lost in the passion. If they'd sit down patiently and lovingly they might be able to accomplish something worthwhile.

If they'd just stop to ask themselves what Jesus would do, maybe they'd not be so intolerant. He set an example for us of love and guidance... leaving the judgement to His Father. Why is that so hard for the rest of us to follow?
I agree. Jesus spent most of his time with the "outcasts" of society (lepers, widows, tax collectors, and even sinners of all kinds) and that is what made the biggest difference. He told of God's love towards them, not that He hated them and wanted them to go to hell. He definitely didn't do it in anger, like the main instigator of this stuff on campus.

I just found out when I was leaving campus that this guy is a pastor from NC who travels from campus to campus trying to evoke hate and violence against gays and lesbians. He TRIES to get people to be violent and has people follow and videotape what he does. He uses God and the Bible as justification for his anger.

It makes me so sad. I almost cried on the way home today. Why do people have to be so mean and unaccepting? You can disagree with a person's actions or lifestyle, but that doesn't mean you should HATE them and treat them so poorly. They are people, too. This just isn't a very "Christian" thing to do in my opinion.

*Alright, I'll get off of my soapbox now*
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
Mandy

Keep yourself safe girl, and steer very clear of it all.

Its not very Christian to do those things, but fortunatly, there are many many people that know better Those that provoke, are the sad ones!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Angie stay safe ok.. I will keep your school in my prayers...

As far as religion that is the problem there are many athiests out there and they look to start trouble. If anyone followed the Lord we would live in a non violent world.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #7
stephluvsangel6

omg thats so scary and the things that just happened at virgina tech
omg things are so crazy and bad these days