4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-14-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
cindy0721

Send a message via Yahoo to cindy0721
Talking I"m Building My 1st House!!!

I am soooooooooo excited!!! It will be done by December .. in time for Christmas!!! AHHH It feels like such a accomplishment....ok... just had to tell someone I was about to burst~
Old 09-14-2006, 06:40 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
CONGRATULATIONS!! I know that feeling, only we built our house back in 1975. What fun you'll have decorating and getting settled in. I'd love to be able to do it again.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:42 AM   #3
cindy0721

Thanks... Im soooooooooooooooo excited!~! All Hubby wants to do is go to Home Depot and Lowes... lol./...
Old 09-14-2006, 06:41 AM   #4
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Oh my goodness!!!! Cindy!!!! What FANTASTIC news!!!!!!! I bet you cannot wait! December is not too far away!!! What a GREAT Christmas present! Your family won't have any trouble finding something to get you for Christmas. You are going to have so much fun decorating and making your new house your home. GOOD LUCK!
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:43 AM   #5
cindy0721

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Oh my goodness!!!! Cindy!!!! What FANTASTIC news!!!!!!! I bet you cannot wait! December is not too far away!!! What a GREAT Christmas present! Your family won't have any trouble finding something to get you for Christmas. You are going to have so much fun decorating and making your new house your home. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Becca! Shoot... maybe one day you'll visit good Ol Texas and we can have a Texas BBQ... you have tried nothing yet until you have a Texas BBQ... lol ... KILLER RIBS!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:45 AM   #6
hle_625

Congrats! That must be so much fun! I want to build a house someday, we bought a new house, but we didnt have it built! I love drawing up floor plans and everything like that. So maybe someday I can build a house of my own....it would be a dream!!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:51 AM   #7
cindy0721

Quote:
Originally Posted by hle_625
Congrats! That must be so much fun! I want to build a house someday, we bought a new house, but we didnt have it built! I love drawing up floor plans and everything like that. So maybe someday I can build a house of my own....it would be a dream!!
Thanks, Its not my forever house... its a smaller house than what I really want(we have a 1/2 acre lot in another subdivision but we wont build there til later... it will literally be 2s the size of this house now..lol...) but its mine and we plan to sell it in a couple of years after we are more settled.... I hated to pay rent.......now I wont have to at least! Thanks guys!!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:08 AM   #8
magnolia

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!!! And as Rebecca said, your friends and family will have no problem in deciding what to get you for Christmas And what great planning you guys have - building this home, turning around in a few years and selling it to another "first time home buyer" so that you can in turn build your real dream home. Can't wait for you to post pictures when it's complete.

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:47 AM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0721
Thanks, Its not my forever house... its a smaller house than what I really want(we have a 1/2 acre lot in another subdivision but we wont build there til later... it will literally be 2s the size of this house now..lol...) but its mine and we plan to sell it in a couple of years after we are more settled.... I hated to pay rent.......now I wont have to at least! Thanks guys!!
When we first built our house we were lucky that someone had told us to build so that when our family or needs grew, we could add on easliy. That we did and we built-on about 7 years ago. Something to keep in mind unless you don't really want to stay in that location.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:58 PM   #10
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0721
Thanks Becca! Shoot... maybe one day you'll visit good Ol Texas and we can have a Texas BBQ... you have tried nothing yet until you have a Texas BBQ... lol ... KILLER RIBS!!!
And when you get thru with TX. hop on over to louisiana!!! We'll have a HUGE crawfish boil with all the fixin's!!!Gotta love the mudbugs!!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:25 PM   #11
Kimberley

YAY!!! You should post pictures of the progress!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:52 PM   #12
cindy0721

thanks! I will I promise!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #13
Amber_lv

congrats good luck!!
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:31 AM   #14
cindy0721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber_lv
congrats good luck!!

thank you... .I'm enjoying this new high... lol
Old 09-19-2006, 05:46 AM   #15
Sherry Lynn

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so exciting!

Now lets see some floor plans! You should start a thread where you can show us pictures of the progress.

One word of caution... and I hope I'm proven wrong... but, don't believe them when they tell you when it will be ready. It seems they are NEVER on time!!!! If you keep that in mind going in you won't be so dissappointed if they run late.
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote