4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 02-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
pope1982

Before and after pictures, as per Coyote and yorkiemalts request...

Some of these are from my photobucket, others i have stored in my computer...

Before, 2 summers ago, at my grandmothers wake.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0/beckyFAT.jpg

After, last fall. On the left again, my visit back home.. brother doing what he does best. And his fiancee' on the right.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...evinDenise.jpg

Some of the strangest things getting used to, has to be people referring to me as "skinny", or people who haven't seen me in a while not recognizing me. Body image is still a daily struggle, and from what I can find in researching it, there is a good chance it will always be. Just take it a day at a time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preDiet2.jpg (122.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg InTheMiddleOfDishes2.jpg (88.4 KB, 43 views)
pope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
CoyoteQueen

you look wonderful Becky!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
Serene

No way that is you in the before pics. You should be very proud of your accomplishment. You are a beautiful young lady. And yes... Your skinny!!! LOL
Old 02-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #4
pope1982

lol thank you ladies, yes, that was me
I honestly never thought or felt I was "that big"... You know what they say about denial!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
Gwen

Bec, I'm so proud of you girl! *hugs* You've done so well! You need to give me some of that motivation! I'm really big into outdoorsy stuff, so I've never really had a problem working out. We're always hiking and doing stuff. But my problem is eating. I love food! Lol And I've been so lazy lately. I don't know if it's the winter and snow and cold, but I've just been so blah and it's not like me. I'm not really gaining weight, but I feel like I'm getting out of shape, ya know? What did you do food wise? I know you did calories, but what kinds of foods?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
pope1982

Special K cereal... milk is important. I usually don't drink my calories, I save them for food but I make an exception for milk. No soda.
Tons of water, and white meat. If I ate seafood, I would be eating tons of that. Little to no carbs. Small portion of brown rice, if you crave rice. Finding new ways to make veggies a major portion, and keep them exciting. Fruit as snacks, cereal bars or granola bars.

I also walk a lot, cannot wait until I have my treadmill! I do yoga/pilates/bellydancing in my own living room lol If you are an outdoorsy girl, hiking is a great way to get your heart rate up and use those muscles!

I used to keep a detailed journal (honest one) of every calorie I ate. Planned out meals and snacks...
Old 02-29-2008, 10:56 PM   #7
pearl

bellydancing! i LOOOOVE bellydancing!!!
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #8
pope1982

Thank you everyone, it would be an honor to be considered inspirational

learp, here is one of my favorite performances from my bellydancing DVD set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJWdPAGWOf8
Old 03-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #9
pope1982

My "instructor" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nIKBQ5ozZU
Old 03-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #10
Gwen

I bought some Special K today!

Janet, I wish you lots of luck girl! My SIL did WW and swears by it
Old 03-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #11
pope1982

I like Fruit & Yogurt best, then Red Berries

I usually keep a measuring cup and spoon handy, and eat exactly 3/4 a cup (depending on which kind 110- 130 if you read the side of the box?) and 4 oz of skim milk (40 calories) with maybe a half a tspn of sugar (8 calories). Finish off with fruit or a slice of low cal bread with fruit spread (35 calories a slice, and about 20 calories a half a tblspn for Smuckers red raspberry fruit spread)

http://www.calorie-count.com/calorie...earchpro=fruit

Another important thing to look for on the side of the box when buying cereal, is how many grams of sugar
Old 03-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #12
Gwen

My biggest issue is dinner. When I actually get into it and eat healthy, this is my typical type of meals I alternate between:

Breakfasts:
1 Egg sunny side up cooked in a pan with pam and not butter since it has no calories. A piece of whole wheat toast without butter and one low fat 90 calorie yogart

cheerios, mini wheats, raisin bran or grape nuts cereal measured out like you do it with measured out fat free skim milk

Instant oatmeal and a peice of fruit

Lunches:
Progresso low sodium soups (I like Italian Style Wedding or Chicken Dumpling)

turkey breast on whole wheat bread with mustard, lettuce, tomato but NO mayo or cheese

Salad with grilled chicken

Snacks:
String cheese, fruit, cucumber slices, carrot sticks, almonds

Non water drinks:
Diet green tea

Dinner: And this is where I get tripped up!
I have a hard time making meals where I can figure out the calorie count. So usually, I just make whatever I usually do, but I portion mine out so I'm only eating like half of it. If we have burritos, I have half a burrito. If we have spaghetti, I have a serving the size of my fist. But I have a lot of problems with getting a lot of 'healthy' dinner recipes, even though I look on the web for them all the time.

But my biggest thing lately is that I do wonderful the first three days. And then, by the fourth I feel like I'm starving all the time! Doesn't help that I can't eat dinner until 7-8 because my husband doesn't get home until then. So by 5pm I am starving, and that's usually when I mess up. Even if I try to stave it off with a piece of fruit or something. And then, if I do give in and mess up, I get frustrated and REALLY mess up. I can't just mess up in moderation, lol.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #13
Gwen

Lol! Cool! Which reminds me though, I have tried to email you a few times lately and it doesn't go through? I get a failure message back.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:44 AM   #14
1hotmomma

woo hoo becky you sexy thang.. Im so proud of you. body image is something I to strugle with it maybe we can help eachother
Old 03-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #15
pope1982

Thank you everyone , okay last couple:

Spring 06, the hair cut I got on vacation
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ip/haircut.jpg

Fall 07 my brother made me pose on the Harley he won in a drawing when we were a little wasted in his garage
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...motorcycle.jpg

Weird Gwen, you sure it was my correct address? pope1982_@hotmail.com