4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 05-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

My New Parakeet Died Today!

My poor, sweet little Fiona Sunshine died sometime today. I came home and didn't see her. I went over to the cage and she was lying there.

I think she was alive this morning. I left in a rush when I took the cover off the cage. Skye, my other parakeet is fine, but they would sit right next to each other on the perch, sides touching. They would sleep that way.

I felt so bad for little Fiona. She was so smart and fun. Poor Skye must be scared and lonesome. I'm going to buy another bird tomorrow. I don't want Skye to be all alone. I'll name it Fiona Sunshine too.

I ordered a new, bigger cage and other stuff for them a couple of days ago too.

I took these pictures a while ago. Diana had asked for pix and I finally took them.
Skye is the white bird and Fiona, the yellow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fiona Sunshine and Skye 3_08 001.jpg (183.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Fiona Sunshine and Skye 3_08 002.jpg (167.4 KB, 9 views)

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Send a message via Yahoo to katcarasella
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, well you have to get Skye a new cage mate.

Kat
katcarasella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Aww Judy I am sorry to hear this..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
janc

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. How long had you had her?
janc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Aww, I'm so sorry about Fiona Sunshine.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:00 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm sorry about Fiona Sunshine, it's always sad to have a pet pass away. I know you were really enjoying them. I'm sure your little Skye is lonesome too.

Judy, I'm a little dense when it comes to birds because I've always been afraid of them, but do you take pet birds to a Vet or anything? Do they need vaccinations or when you can tell they don't feel good, can you take them to a Vet?
Old 05-04-2008, 02:34 AM   #7
Dobie

I'm so sorry to hear this - I hope Skye takes to the new bird that you are going to get!
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:16 AM   #8
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Judy, so sorry to here this news. My condilences to both you and Skye. So hoping that Fiona Sunshine II fits right in!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:47 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I'm sorry about Fiona Sunshine, it's always sad to have a pet pass away. I know you were really enjoying them. I'm sure your little Skye is lonesome too.

Judy, I'm a little dense when it comes to birds because I've always been afraid of them, but do you take pet birds to a Vet or anything? Do they need vaccinations or when you can tell they don't feel good, can you take them to a Vet?
I'll be very honest - she was lying there, looking dead, but you never know.
The thought crossed my mind "What if she moves when I touch her to take her out of the cage? Do I rush her to the vet? "

I guess I would have had to - what else do you do with an almost dead bird?
It's just wrong not to treat it somehow.

I'm sorry Fiona - but I'm laughing - You would have cost me who knows what, and then died anyway. (Birds are very fragile).

I saw someone walk into The Animal Medical Center, a huge animal hospital in the city, with a turtle!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #10
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear that Fiona died. That's so sad Poor Skye. He's probably wondering where his friend went to.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:49 PM   #11
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post

I am afraid of birds as well. My brother, Bobby has one her name is Sonny birdo.. (they thought she was a boy until she laid eggs). I was very young and was attacked by a bluejay. I had done nothing to her... didn't even see her before her pecking to my head began. I now understand that the weeping willow i was playing under must have had her babies in it, but to a child it was very frightening. My brother threatens to take Sonny out of her cage and I run!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #12
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
I am so sorry, Judy. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I hope both you and Skye are able to adapt well to a new freind.