4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 10-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

News is not good

Just talked to my husband's heart doctor - his heart is much weaker and she is very surprised, as I am. Of course, we both know this is a terminal illness, but his clinical signs and symptoms did not indicate his heart is as weak as it is.

He will stay the night in ICU to give him some medications that may help. She said that she may be able to get his heart working better than it is now. But she said the "T" word - transplant - heart transplant. The thing is that I don't think he is a candidate, but of course, they need to evaluate him. What I'm afraid is that he will get his hopes up about getting a new heart, then they will find that he is not a candidate because of his asthma and diabetes, and then he will be very depressed as he will realize that he is closer to the end of life. He understands that his life will be shortened due to his heart failure - but it will be hard to think about the end of life.

I knew this time was coming - I don't mean to say that he is going to die soon, because that is not the case. It's just that his condition has taken a downturn and that is disheartening.

My daughter will be here soon and I'll get to see him pretty soon too. It's hard to know what to say..........
Old 10-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
I am so very sorry to hear this news about your husband. Hopefully he will become a good candidate for a transplant. I am sorry you have to go through this, I am glad that your daughter will be with you soon. Good luck to you all.
Lynne
Old 10-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

I am so sorry, we are all praying.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
Shada

You and your family are in my prayers. {HUGS}
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Gayle, it's so hard to find the words...... So very sorry to hear this news. Please try to stay strong and optimistic. We are here for you!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Gayle your family is in my prayers.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote