4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 01-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Physical Today

Today I had to go for my bus physical. We have to have one every two years. Everything checked out great except I have blood in my urine. This happened last time too and I saw an urologist. Hope that's right...anyway...the pee doctor...lolol

They couldn't find anything wrong so just said that if the next test came back positive to have it microscopically tested. Well, I guess there is a lot of blood in there. I don't have an infection (that I know of) and no pain or anything like that, so I'm not sure what is going on here.

I should know the results of the microscopic test on Thursday because my Dr. isn't open on Wednesday. I just hope it isn't anything serious. Not sure I can take much more right now.

Gayle...any ideas?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
paula1961

Oh Janet! Hope all goes well with that. Hope it's nothing but wonder what would cause it to show up? Let us know and I will be praying that it is nothing!! Hopefully Gayle can shed some light on this for you.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Typically, blood that is only visible by microscope means the problem is in the upper urinary tract (kidneys), while visible blood means the problem is in the lower tract (ureters the tubes from kidneys to bladder, the bladder, or the urethra which is the tube from the bladder to outside). But, of course, this is not always the case.

In almost all cases, blood in the urine is nothing serious. But since your mom has kidney problems, then you need to have it thoroughly checked out. I can't remember the cause of her kidney failure? It is possible that you have the same condition.

Blood in the urine is usually caused by an infection - but it can be caused by many many many other things, the worst of course, is cancer all the way down to trauma (e.g., intercourse). Some people have an infection and do not know it. Others have inflammation which precedes infection and that will cause blood in the urine too.

Bottom line is that it showed up again, so you need to see the pee doc again.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Janet...Gayle just accused you of having crazy wild sex!!! Welllll.....??

I'm sorry Janet. I love you and I don't want you to have any more stress in your life. I was just trying to make you smile Go to the doctor and take really good care of yourself. Let us know as soon as you find out ANYTHING! I will PRAY!!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You'll know tomorrow? Please, post as soon as you know what's up (down there).
You are so right. You don't need anymore in your life!

Hopefully, you can continue with your wanton sex life that Betsi pointed out

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You ladies are so so bad!!!! There is no sex life...but now if the right one came along....who knows..... It did make me smile, Betsi!!!

None of us know for sure why Mom's kidney's have failed. We think it's because her blood supply kept getting so low everytime she needed a transfusion and that was happening every other month for over a year. They did find a tear and hole in her colon, they were able to fix that, but said it's prone to happen again. Her blood is in her stool....mine is in my urine. Hope it's nothing too serioius, but ya know....right now I'm so exhausted dealing with Mom...I'm too tired to worry just yet.

Thank you Gayle....I (we) sure love you and the knowledge you share with us.

Judy....I should know on Thursday because my Dr. is closed on Wednesday. It will probably be later in the day because I have to take Mom to Lafayette to the dialysis center.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
Janet...Gayle just accused you of having crazy wild sex!!! Welllll.....??
Only YOU Betsi, would think I was referring to WILD AND CRAZY SEX!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Only YOU Betsi, would think I was referring to WILD AND CRAZY SEX!
I was living vicariously