4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 05-31-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Ouch!

This morning I had to go in to get some spots removed from my hand and the bottom of my foot. I've written here before about my fear of needles... well I wish I didn't see the needle first. It was the biggest, roundest, longest syringe I've ever seen. The hand hurt, and then the foot... OH MY GOSH... The doctor held my ankle down and I was breathing so hard it sounded like I was in labor I've never had anything so painful! The doctor left the room and had me rub the spots to work in the anesthetic. I was shaking so hard! Anyways, the spots were removed and will be tested so I'm feeling a little relieved that I don't have to worry anymore. I'm all stitched up and sitting at work waiting for the freezing to come out. I have taken some extra strength Tylenol and hopefully that will ease the pain a bit I am such a wimp.

I wish Scott would have been there with me but I had to go alone because he didn't want to miss work. I got to my car and was still shaking so I drove to his office and made him drive me here. I don't want to drive later after taking painkillers all day.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
paula1961

Aww Lyns...sorry you had to go through that all by yourself. I remember that you are terrified of needles. I am too! Hope you feel better soon. And you are right..you absolutely do not need to drive after taking painkillers all day.~Hugs~
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I'm sorry you went through it, especially with a long gauge. I'm normally more scared of the drug that's administer then the needle itself.

But its over and done with, YEAAAH!!
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Poor thing! At least the spots are off though! I hope you feel better later!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I remember you are afraid of needles. I'm glad it's done and over with. Did they say how long it would be for you to get the results of the tests? What kind of spots were they?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

My hand is still okay but I'm starting to feel the foot one a bit... probably because I've been having to walk on it. I need to limit that as much as possible so I don't rip the stitches!

Janet, they haven't said how long until I find out the results, but the surgeon said he'll call me if it's something scary.

The one on my hand was a blueish gray dot that started out small years ago and looked like just a pen mark that wouldn't wash off, and ended up growing to about a quarter inch diameter and sticking out of the skin. The one on my foot was a brown mole-type mark that popped up out of nowhere a couple of years ago and has grown to about 1/3 inch in diameter. The doctor today said that they say you shouldn't get moles on the bottom of your feet because they are hairless, so that's why it was a concern, plus they've both been increasing in size. So they removed them both just to be safe, and they will be tested for cancer.

I am a little concerned because I used to use tanning beds a lot but stopped a couple of years ago when I read the research on them and how much they are linked to skin cancer. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage. Cancer in general runs in my family like crazy, but I don't know of anyone who has had skin cancer.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote