4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 06-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Mom fell today

Mom was getting ready for a Dr app this morning and she fell in the bathroom, must have fell against the toilet, since my daughter was taking her to the Dr already i did not go up there. The Dr checked her all over and was pleased with her over all health. She is badly bruised on her cheek, chest and knee, she has not fallen for such a long time.
Mom has been doing so well her eye Dr is willing to do a surgery on her eye, they want to remove the gel behind her eye to remove the floaters and debri that is in there to hopefully improve her sight. Mom has been blind in her left eye since a young girl so the thought of doing the surgery and risk loseing the sight in her good eye is just to scary for her, she has always had a fear of loseing the sight in her good eye. It's something that has to be done at some point and time but she's holding out. I have every bit of faith in her Dr but there's always that risk.
It will be done as an out patient surgery and only a local anisthtic (sp) which is a relief since she has such a hard time coming out of it.
Mom was teasing my daughter today, told her she was going to tell everyone that my daughter beat her up LOL, my daughter told her she better be careful because now a days someone would take her seriously.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thank goodness she is okay Lynne! And she was laughing about it with your daughter! She sounds like a tough one. I don't blame her for not wanting the eye surgery. It is good though that her eye is healthy enough to be operated in.

She will do it when she is ready, no doubt.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Holy crap Lynne! I know how scary it is when we find out they fell. So far my mom hasn't bruised herself, I'm sorry your mom did. Even the thought of falling against the toilet makes me cringe. Hope she doesn't get more sore over this...sometimes it happens...more sore the next day.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Lynne, I'm so sorry to hear this, but so glad that she wasn't badly injured! I hope all goes well with the surgery.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Thanks guys, I called her last night and she said she was begining to get sore, I told her to ask for some Teylonol or something before she went to bed. Her brother was there so i still haven't gone to see her yet but i am keepimg in touch with her.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:33 AM   #6
paula1961

Sorry to hear about your Mom's fall Lynne. Sounds like she sure got some nasty bruises. I sure hope she heals up soon.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote