4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 10-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Flying home

Well the trip to Arkansas has taken a turn for the worse. Gary felt very tired on Fri but we thought it was due to the Wed/Thurs travel. But he felt worse on Sat. So we decided to fly home today, rather than make the 12 hour drive home tomorrow and Mon. I have an oxygen monitor with me and his oxygen drops very low when he just walks a short distance and he is very short of breath. We also have portable oxygen with us so he can use that during the day - he usually only uses it at night. I expect that his heart is in a funky rhythm or he is in fluid overload.

Gary's aunt and uncle rode with us and they will drive our pickup home and then we'll figure out how to get it home to Austin (they live about 5 hours north of us). Our daughter will pick us up and take us to the ER so we can see what is wrong with him. Fortunately, he is fine, just tired, when he is sitting still.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Didn't see this until now Gayle. I will certainly keep Gary in my prayers. So scary when there is shortness of breath. Please let us know how he is doing.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Our flight got in at 8:30PM and we were in the emergency room by 8:50. They have done a bunch of tests. Hope they know something soon. He feels terrible. But his vital signs look pretty good.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

OK, maybe atypical pneumonia (he had a low grade fever fri/sat/today - but only off and on, not consistently). Maybe just plain old exacerbation of heart failure (probably)but it was so fast and so dramatic in terms of extreme shortness of breath. Maybe a blood clot that started in his legs and traveled to his lung (unlikely) but they have to check everything out - and we did travel wed and thurs, so while unlikely due to him being on blood thinners, he is down right now getting the scan. They are going to give him an IV diuretic to get some of the fluid off. I think that will help. Hopefully he'll only be here a couple of days!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
DIANE W

Gayle

I am thinking about you and poor Gary, I hope he is soon feeling well enough to go home.

You take care now..........

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:30 AM   #6
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Gayle, so sorry to hear about Gary, I hope you can find out what is wrong and that he is feeling much better today.