4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 09-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
hunbun

mineral based makeup

I don't wear make up often, but it's time to throw out my older Mac stuff and get something new! I was thinking about changing to a mineral based product and was considering either Sheer Cover or Bare Minerals. Anyone have experience with either of these two products? Can you also tell me what's your skin type? Thanks!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
Kimberley

I've seen the commercials for the Bare Minerals. It looks pretty good and I've thought of getting some.
Kimberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
ice queen

i have used both and i love the bare minerals...it covers alot better than the sheer cover and you don't have to use as much. it really helps if you have splotchy skin and it only takes like 3 minutes max to put it all on including eyes, lips, and cheeks. i am fair skinned and hate the way liquid base always made my face look orange and always having the base line no matter how well i blended plus liquid base feels like crisco all over my face-yuk !!! i will never go back to liquid base NEVER!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
Sherry Lynn

I love, love, LOVE Bare Minerals. It is so sheer that you don't feel like you have anything on, but it evens out the skin tone and gives you a finished look at the same time. It just takes a little dab of the power, so it lasts a long time. (I think the foundation is about $25)

I can't praise the stuff enough! It's mentioned in the 'I love makeup' thread, too...
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:46 AM   #5
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunbun
I don't wear make up often, but it's time to throw out my older Mac stuff and get something new! I was thinking about changing to a mineral based product and was considering either Sheer Cover or Bare Minerals. Anyone have experience with either of these two products? Can you also tell me what's your skin type? Thanks!

HEY Hunbun, welcome to 4WT!!! Nice to see you here!!
Old 09-08-2006, 04:17 AM   #6
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I have been using Bare Minerals for almost a year now and LOVE it!! My skin tone is combination ( T-Zone). The coverage is amazing and it always feels so good on my skin. As the day goes on it doesn't cake up like a liquid foundation or settle in the creases, etc. You can even sleep with it on your face for those nights you have forgotten to clean your face up. I give it a thumbs up!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:25 AM   #7
Khristine

i think im the only one who didnt like bare minerals.. i do love the blush though and thats about it..

you are all invited to my makeup forums if your interested

www.makeup-yourmind.com
Old 09-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #8
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristine
i think im the only one who didnt like bare minerals.. i do love the blush though and thats about it..

you are all invited to my makeup forums if your interested

www.makeup-yourmind.com
why didn't you like bare minerals???
Old 09-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #9
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Wow, glad to find this thread. I've been wanting to try Bare Minerals, but don't know much about it except what I've seen in an infomercial some time ago.

How do you determine what color you need? I am very fair, but not porcelin. If I use anything with a yellow hint to it, it looks awful, gets that orange look.

Also, how does it work if you have not really big pores, but big enough to be noticable?
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:46 PM   #10
Khristine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice queen
why didn't you like bare minerals???
i didnt like it because on the dvd it says you only have to put very little on the lid and blah blah.. and your supposed to be done in like 5 minutes max or however..

but after 5 minutes i still looked like there was no makeup on.. i know some people like that look, but there was really nothing on my face.. so i always had to put tons to make my face look good... cause i have uneven skin or blemishes and it wouldn't cover it no matter how much i'd put and also it would fade off by the end of the day and im a nurse and i sweat a lot and my job always had me sweating and running around on my feet and stuff and it would just make me look oily and gross..

i guess it just didnt work out for me
Old 09-16-2006, 04:25 PM   #11
Pink Martini

I just started using Bare Minerals last week. I really like it. I like the way it goes on and stays on. I also like the way you can control the amont of coverage. I'm new to it but so far I think it's a

Pam
Old 11-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #12
abaddon248

YOu dont have to buy from bare minerals or just sheer cover.... there are about 150 different sites that create their own formulas and are priced great and sometimes are better quality then the known name brands.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:47 PM   #13
Amber_lv

I've heard bare is good but never tried it
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #14
hunbun

i got my sample of everyday mineral today! very excited to try it out later tonight and tomorrow. any tips on how to apply it?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #15
hunbun

okay, so i think i need some help with this, or different samples.
i tried the EM intensive formula. it looks and feels a bit heavy on me, and i don't feel like i've applied that much. tips and hints anyone?