4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 02-17-2009, 04:43 AM   #1
HALEY

more bad news...

I was so pissed yesterday i could have ripped someones head off!!!!
i called our human resources dept. and asked what my 401K deduction was cause i wanted to change a couple things and lower it cause there not going to match it anymore and she told me 0%,, and i was like what????
Here's what happen, or so she said is when i was changing stuff like adding family insurance, life insurance bluh, bluh, it got kicked out of they system, i don't believe that but i lost out on 19 months of the company matching my 401K, oh boy am i pissed, but then i calmed down today, and am now thinking that all the money i would have lost anyways, so the dumb asses probably did me a favor....
oh well just another slap in the face from my company...
ok im done venting now....
Old 02-17-2009, 05:51 AM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm so sorry Haley, that doesn't sound right, nor fair. You are correct, you might have lost that money anyway, but still, it isn't right.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:54 AM   #3
HALEY

they said they could make it up for me, but i have to pay 1,800 by march 16th when they stop matching us.. screw that.... just another damn depressing day here.. i come in everyday what could they possible take off me today!!! what's next for them, and when is it going to stop..
i'm taking about taking a couple days off, just need a break.....
Old 02-17-2009, 06:39 AM   #4
Ponyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY View Post
they said they could make it up for me, but i have to pay 1,800 by march 16th when they stop matching us.. screw that.... just another damn depressing day here.. i come in everyday what could they possible take off me today!!! what's next for them, and when is it going to stop..
i'm taking about taking a couple days off, just need a break.....
Geez are our companies related. My company is going to stop matching 401K on March 12th. I would be super pissed if I were you. Why wouldn't they say something.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
HALEY

i guess it was my fault to, i should have paid more attention to what was coming out of my paychecks, oh well, with the stock market the way it is, they probably saved me money...
Old 02-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
They probably did save you money Haley. We all need to make sure what our deductions are...not that our employers would really want to rip us off, but because mistakes happen. I guess this one is a good mistake for you.

Try thinking happy thoughts Haley so happy things will come your way.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:07 AM   #7
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
They probably did save you money Haley. We all need to make sure what our deductions are...not that our employers would really want to rip us off, but because mistakes happen. I guess this one is a good mistake for you.

Try thinking happy thoughts Haley so happy things will come your way.
its so hard Janet girl, but i'm trying,,, i just called my retirement company where my 401k is, i deferraled 3% out of my pay and put it all in a retirement savings trust, screw those stocks, i hope they all crash !!!
i also have a 401k thru my bank, i'll just put more money into that, i get 3% back, plus i could claim the whole amount at the end of the year.. i'm done with this company s***...... i'll be in charge of my own savings from now on!!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That's what Oprah says to do. She says no one signs check in her company but her. She wants to know where the money goes.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #9
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
That's what Oprah says to do. She says no one signs check in her company but her. She wants to know where the money goes.
i wish i had her money to play with
Old 02-17-2009, 08:43 AM   #10
Tiramisu

Quote:
its so hard Janet girl, but i'm trying,,, i just called my retirement company where my 401k is, i deferraled 3% out of my pay and put it all in a retirement savings trust, screw those stocks, i hope they all crash !!!
i also have a 401k thru my bank, i'll just put more money into that, i get 3% back, plus i could claim the whole amount at the end of the year.. i'm done with this company s***...... i'll be in charge of my own savings from now on!!!!

Please don't crash all stocks. I'm very close to retirement and you're wishing it away.

I check at least once a month and did find where my hubby had goofed and his company wasn't withholding to his savings account. Luckily, I caught it after only a couple weeks.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #11
HALEY

Sandy about time i get to retire there's not going to be any money in my 401K, so i'm just not to worried about right now.. like i said before there will always be welfare and now Obama made it better more money and food stamps, so i'm not worried at all... i'll just say Mike moved out of the house and i have no income. i'm just to that point right now, why worry about the future, it just drives me nuts....
Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #12
Tiramisu

Quote:
Sandy about time i get to retire there's not going to be any money in my 401K, so i'm just not to worried about right now.. like i said before there will always be welfare and now Obama made it better more money and food stamps, so i'm not worried at all... i'll just say Mike moved out of the house and i have no income. i'm just to that point right now, why worry about the future, it just drives me nuts....
Haley, while I can sympathize with you and see where you're coming from, isn't that part of what's wrong with our system today?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #13
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Haley, I'm sorry that you're still having problems with the company you work for. Their mistake probably did save you some money. {{{{{{Haley}}}}}

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #14
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Haley, I'm sorry that you're still having problems with the company you work for. Their mistake probably did save you some money. {{{{{{Haley}}}}}
i was so frustrated yesterday Diana, im not even going to worry about it anymore.. the way the world is going, like i said i probably wont have a retirement fund anyways. so why even get myself upset about it....
Old 02-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #15
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

They really suck Haley! I don't think I would believe them, but you are right - you would have lost it anyway.

By taking charge of your own money, I think you are so smart. You are very practical and responsible, and have a good head for money. I admire you for that.

I just wish you might stop being so anxious about the future and your retirement. You are doing all the right things, and the rest is simply out of your control. You're also young and have years before you need your retirement fund. Financial people are all saying it will get better in time. It's also going to get worse first.

It is what it is, and there's not one thing we can do about it. So, say it turns around after a few years = you would have spent those years being frustrated
for nothing!

Maybe you could try to learn to enjoy one day at a time. Easier said than done, but with Micah, I think you can enjoy him all the time.

Look at Janet's signature quote. It's so important to do that.

In the end, it's God's will anyway. Trust in him.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote