4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 10-11-2010, 06:26 AM   #61
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Oh Paula....I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I was a Daddy's girl and lost him 36 years ago....still hurts as if it was a few days ago. I will keep him in my prayers and you and your mother also. Wish I could give you a hug.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #62
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm so sorry. It's hard to wait for something awful to happen. My prayers are with you all. I hope he has an easy time of it.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #63
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Paula, I am so sorry for all of you. This is so hard, and I will keep you, your Dad and your Mom in my heart. I wish there was something I could do for you
besides sending you love.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #64
paula1961

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. You are all so sweet and kind. He is still in the hospital. He is in icu. He's talking about telling the heart drs to turn off his icd. I don't know if he will or not but us kids and Mom have decided it is his choice, he is the one having to suffer through all of this. He's feeling the physical and emotional pain of it all. We are only feeling the emotional part and that is heartbreaking!
I am going back tomorrow or Monday. I just came home yesterday for a couple of days.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #65
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

This is so hard Paula. You all are right though, it is his choice. I am so glad that he is able to state his wishes. It is so hard when we have to make decisions for our loved ones. I know it is so hard. He has been through a lot of pain and emotions. He must be very tired and very brave to withstand all of this. Drive safely tomorrow. I hope you all can find some peace.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:00 AM   #66
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Paula, I am so sorry to hear that your dad is not doing well again. I will be praying for all of you.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:42 AM   #67
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Paula, it makes my heart ache knowing what you are going through. Wish we all lived closer so we could be there in person for each other. Prayers are continuing for you and your family.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #68
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Paula, I know that this is hard for all of you.......not just your Dad. It's not easy to see them in pain and dealing with so much. You, your Dad, and family are all in my prayers!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #69
paula1961

Okay here's what is happening. He decided to have everything turned off. They tried to do dialysis night before last and could not get any fluid off of him. Last night he refused dialysis. Today he has taken no meds except for pain meds. He has two drips..one to keep his blood pressure up and one to help keep his heart in rhythm. Tonight they are weaning him off of those, he has enough to last 5 or 6 more hours. Today he had medtronics to come in and turn off his defibralator..the part that shocks you, the pace maker is still on.

All of our immediate family were there today. My sister and I are staying a block from the hospital..so we came over here to rest for a few hours. Mom is at the hospital, they brought her a recliner.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers. I feel the love from reading your words. I love this forum and my wonderful friends here. I will keep you posted as to what is happening. It is in God's hands now. At least I know where my Dad will be spending eternity and that in itself means the world to me. But I will miss him so badly!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #70
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I read your post on FB - I'm so sorry your family is having to go through this. It sounds like your dad was in control of things to the very end. He is very brave. I know you are so sad right now, I can't imagine what it must feel like. I hope your family can find peace and comfort knowing he is no longer having to fight and suffer.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #71
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm sorry, Paula. There is so much peace that comes in knowing that your Dad was ready for heaven and was looking forward to being there. Even though it's hard right now that thought will warm your heart so many times in the future.......and he's there just waiting for the rest of his family to join him. The part that hurts is that we can't just call them up and have a chat or run over and see them.

God is good and I know that He'll be with you and your family in the days ahead giving you comfort and what ever you need. I'm here if you need me....otherwise I'll be praying for all of you. Hugs!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #72
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

He sounds like he was such a courageous man Paula. He was ready to go to heaven. He will be watching over all of you, but it is so hard when you can't speak to him or see him for a long time.

I am so sorry for that loss Paula. I still speak to my Dad,, and I still miss him, but I do know that he will be at the gates of Heaven to meet me when I get there. We're never separated from our loved ones forever.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #73
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I hope this week passes quickly for you Paula. There will be so many memories and emotions... Rest when you can, and don't forget to eat, even if you aren't hungry. My prayers are with you all!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #74
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Oh Paula.. You and your family are in my prayers. Your father was a very brave man up to the end, and the way you spoke of him a loving husband , father, grandfather and a believer in God.. He sure was a wonderful person. God bless him and God bless you all through this hard time... My deepest condolonces...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #75
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Paula I'm sorry your going through hard times. I lost my grandma a few years ago and I was actually relieved and happy she was leaving behind so much pain and suffering.

You're Dad is smart and wants to go in peace without the side effects of all the meds. I'm sure his grateful that his family is respecting his decision.

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOX OXOOXOX
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote