4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm Going To Look At a Motorhome

I am so excited!!! Not sure if I let you all know, but when I dropped some of my students off at their home, I saw a FOR SALE sign in the motorhome window. I could hardly wait to get home and call. Well it's all cleaned out now and they called to see if I would like to come check it out....and of course I said yes.

I don't know much about it yet, but I think it's a 1983 Winnebago Brave. Not sure of the length, but from the outside it looks in great shape. I hope the inside is decent too. I know it won't be perfect, but whatever it needs...I hope I can make it nice.

She said everything works...so that's a plus and it only has 80 some thousand miles on it. She also said she wouldn't be afraid to drive it anywhere. It's also in the price range I can afford.... $4000. Please keep your fingers crossed that's it's exactly what I'm looking for.

I may just move to Diana's woods and live there....LOLOL
Old 11-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I hope it works out for you Janet! I can just see you driving across America in your motorhome!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh! That is exciting! I can't wait to hear what you thought about it!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Wow!! That's a good buy!!! I hope that it's a good one. Make sure that you take it somewhere and have them look over the motor and the underneath side for any problems!!!

Come on......we'll just park you right beside the house and hook you up!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:06 AM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

You can be a full timer!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:52 AM   #6
Janet

Sad to say it didn't work out....in more ways than one. The interior was really kind of cramped so that was disappointing. It was a lot smaller than I thought. My husband showed up and I could smell the beer on him. He wasn't drunk or anything...just smelled. I could tell he didn't like it and later told my son that he wasn't going to help take care of it if something happened to it. I really kind of thought that maybe it would help make things a bit better between us if we could do some of the things we used to do. But....I really don't think it will. Alcoholics suck to live with......

So.......I'm telling him today that I want out of this hole of a marriage. What a way to start the holidays.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh Janet, I'm sorry it had to come to this. I wish I could do something to help you!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Wow! My good thoughts and prayers are going out to you! Do what you need to do Janet!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
DIANE W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Sad to say it didn't work out....in more ways than one. The interior was really kind of cramped so that was disappointing. It was a lot smaller than I thought. My husband showed up and I could smell the beer on him. He wasn't drunk or anything...just smelled. I could tell he didn't like it and later told my son that he wasn't going to help take care of it if something happened to it. I really kind of thought that maybe it would help make things a bit better between us if we could do some of the things we used to do. But....I really don't think it will. Alcoholics suck to live with......

So.......I'm telling him today that I want out of this hole of a marriage. What a way to start the holidays.
Oh Janet.... I am so sorry it didnt work out for you with the motor. I think it was just not meant to be.

With regards to your husband Janet, I only know bits about your life that you have shared on here, but I honestly think you should definitely get out and make a new start, you know what i am going through with my Aunt etc, and Janet life is TOO SHORT to wait for the right time, the right time is now if that is how you are feeling.

I truely understand that the practicalities will be difficult to sort out, but you owe it to yourself to have a happy life. Your son is old enough to deal with how things are and i am sure he will support you and you can help each other through it all.

I am sorry for spouting all this, but i do feel like i can give you my opinion as it is only given through concern and well meaning.

I am sure you will do what you believe is right.

A big hug coming to you from England

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
Janet

Diane I appreciate your comments more than you know. He's out in the garage right now, but when he comes inside....we'll have a talk. I'm a little nervous, but we have to get this out in the open. I can tell he's not any happier than I am, but I also know that he will be mean about it all. Just keep me in your prayers.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
DIANE W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Diane I appreciate your comments more than you know. He's out in the garage right now, but when he comes inside....we'll have a talk. I'm a little nervous, but we have to get this out in the open. I can tell he's not any happier than I am, but I also know that he will be mean about it all. Just keep me in your prayers.
Janet, I had to come back on and see if you had posted, I am worried about you, I agree though, he may find it difficult to hear what you have to say.

Maybe this could be the turning point for him and will shock him into action????

I am wishing you good luck and will be thinking and praying that it goes well for you, now you be strong, I cant begin to understand what you are experiencing, but you will cope just fine - I just know it will work out for you.

Now you keep on posting wont you, because i will be watching for updates.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #12
paula1961

Oh Janet I'm just reading this. I will keep you in my prayers sweetie. I am sending a ton of love and hugs your way. I have been there and done that and it is not easy but you will be so much happier when it is over and done with. I just want happiness and peace for you.......you so deserve it!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, I'm so sorry. I knew that things were not good. I hope that everything works out for the best and on good terms. Hugs, Girlfriend!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:34 AM   #14
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I have only seen a couple of complains toward your hubby so I don't have the whole scoop. I am sure you have run this through over and over and I know how hard it can be. I hope the conversation goes smoothly, my only advice now is that it's time to think about yourself now.

GOOD LUCK
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #15
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Janet I'm so sorry about everything. But you deserve to be happy! You are strong and you can get through it and you will be so happy in the end. Good luck!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote