4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 07-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

They're moving in!!!!

Well.......sort of!!! Dae Lynn decided that it would be easier to go ahead and move in then go back and pack all their stuff up. So last night was the first night that they stayed here. It was very chaotic because we bought a new bed for Karlie.....Glen and Dae Lynn went in to get it and also went by and got some chest of drawers at Dae Lynn's house to keep clothes in. When they got home they had to take down Jaci's bed and put up Karlie's and it ended up being late........so everyone was grouchy......Dean's teething his molars and Glen's not feeling well.......so the evening did NOT go well!!!!

Dae Lynn took the kids home this afternoon to take naps and give me a break. She is very sensitive to my needs and knows that the kids get on my nerves. They are both so active!!!! It will be nice once her furniture is in the basement with their tv. The kids can be rowdy down there and not bother me so much!!

I'm so overwhelmed with everything right now anyway. Amy and her girls came over on Thursday and we spent the day cleaning and organizing the basement. Amy loves to organize so it all looks so much better. I have a HUGE pile of stuff for a garage sale.......one of these days!!!! I'll wait until the girls decided that it's time for one!!! Plus.....I still have quite a bit of stuff that needs to be put away in the dining room. I finally put it mostly there so I could get the rest of the house straightened up.

So far I've had a couple of my antique toy dishes broken.....one was a cup and the other was most of a spice set with several pieces. Dean got the cup and Kera accidentally broke the other stuff while moving it to another place. I hope that's all that's broken!!! All of the little cabinets and dressers that I have are being stored because I just don't have any where to put them now........so it will be a nice surprise to get them all out again in a couple of years!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Diana...that sounds so disrupting, but I'm sure it will get better. I'm glad that Dae Lynn knows when you need a break...that will be really helpful during their stay. It was great for Amy to help organize the basement....I love doing that kind of thing too. Will Dae Lynn and the kids spend most of there time in the basement since their furniture will be there? You know me...just need more details...lol

What's wrong with Glenn? Cold, flu....hope he feels better soon.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
Tiramisu

A good glass of wine will help.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I forgot to add that you need to tell Glenn that you will have to be on 4WT with us for therapy. That way he won't object if you're on too much. I really can't stand the thought of you being less active on here.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

The beginning is always rough. I'm sure when there settle things will calm down.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:26 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You have to baby proof the house again, huh?

It sounds really too hectic there. Once everything settles down, and a routine is established, it will be better. I hope that doesn't take too long!!! As long as Dae Lynn is keyed in to your needs, it might be sooner than later. She sounds like a wonderful person.

The pond sounds like a real serene place. At least you can go swimming, which you love.

When I was overwhelmed by my students while teaching, I would force myself to focus on whichever child was plucking my nerves at the moment, and find something I really loved about that kid. It helped me a lot. At least, I didn't wring their little necks!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
...........Will Dae Lynn and the kids spend most of there time in the basement since their furniture will be there? You know me...just need more details...lol

What's wrong with Glenn? Cold, flu....hope he feels better soon.
I think that Dae Lynn and the kids will spend time in the basement. There's lots of toys there and she's hoping that will keep him out of things!!!

Glen, Amy, Kera, and Dae Lynn have all got a cold or something. Most of them are better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
A good glass of wine will help.
It probably would.....but I don't drink!!! I just have to go for solitude!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I forgot to add that you need to tell Glenn that you will have to be on 4WT with us for therapy. That way he won't object if you're on too much. I really can't stand the thought of you being less active on here.
LOL......Definitely!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
The beginning is always rough. I'm sure when there settle things will calm down.
Things are already getting some better. We have good times and bad times but it is settling down a little!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
You have to baby proof the house again, huh?
............As long as Dae Lynn is keyed in to your needs, it might be sooner than later. She sounds like a wonderful person.

The pond sounds like a real serene place. At least you can go swimming, which you love.

When I was overwhelmed by my students while teaching, I would force myself to focus on whichever child was plucking my nerves at the moment, and find something I really loved about that kid. It helped me a lot. At least, I didn't wring their little necks!
Baby proofing.......YES!!! I'm working on it but the little bugger gets into everything!!!!

Dae Lynn is a sweetie and I know that she'll take care of her Mama!!! This will work and I know that when they leave it's going to be hard on me!!!

Focusing on Karlie's good things will probably help when she's acting up!!! Thanks for the advice, Judy!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote