4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 03-21-2007, 10:51 PM   #1
admin
Administrator

Weight Loss forum!

We have a forum specifically for weight loss. Talk about it here!
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:03 AM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Ahhhhhh im going to love THIS forum, to get ideas on how to get rid of these extra pounds
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 AM   #3
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Thank you! Thank you! admin. this is wonderful
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:07 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I've still been stuck at 220 lbs for about 3 weeks now. I have slacked a little bit and that's probably why. At least I haven't gained any back. My son said he would start walking with me (I hate walking the county roads alone) so maybe that will help. It's easy to get discouraged, but I'm sure it's my fault being stuck here. I'll just have to be extra careful and do that walking. I just can't get motivated to walk on the treadmill. I'm sure walking outside will be much better. Hope the rest of you are doing good on your weightloss.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:53 AM   #5
rivermom

This is a great new forum and wonderful idea. Thanks Admin!!

Today will be my third weigh in at Jenny Craig. On my scale this am I am at a total weight loss of 10 lbs since I started. I have been consistent with exercizing but last week I have cheated pretty badly.

I need to re-focus and visualize all that I want when I drop this weight and keep telling myself that it will happen. I pretty much have figured out that I cannot be strong when I go out to dinner. So, until then I need to remain eating at home only.

I recently just found this magazine called The Best Of Cooking Light. 123 of the year's greatest recipies.

What is amazing is that EVERY recipe in this book is something Id want to cook. Id love to share some of the recipe's with any of you who are interested. So what I will do is list some of the foods below. If you want the recipe just let me know and I will post them in the recipe section.

The following are just some examples. Of course I can't type out all 123 recipes, LOL

Blue Cheese and Beef Roll-Ups
Peppered Steak w/ Horseradish-Chive Cream
Pork Chops w/ Country Gravy
Pineapple Teriyaki Salmon
Vornmeal-Crusted Catfish
Vegi Vhipotle Nachos
Spinach Fettuccine
Lean Philly Cheesesteaks
Apple Martinis ---Mandy, this one's for you! LMAO
Spicy Shrimp Cakes w/ Corn and Avocado Salsa
Fontina and Mascarpone Baked Pasta
Hot Double Chocolate Mousse Cakes
Creamy Stove -Top Mac and Cheese
Basic Beef Stew w/ Carrots and Mushrooms
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Chocloate Pudding
Chinese Style Stop Top Pot Roast w/ Noodles
Grilled Lemon-Basil Tofu Burgers -- Mandy this is another for you!
Asiago and Balsamic Carmelized Onion Focaccia
Marmalade French Toast Casserole
Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Blazin Baked Beans
Buttermilk Pancakes
Marsala-Glazed Ham
Roasted Baby Spring Vegies
Mashed Potato Gratin
Cheesecake w/ Fresh Strawberry Sauce

Remember - all these are lower fat and calories and look extrememly YUMMY.
Just let me know if you'd like the recipe.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:36 AM   #6
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
wow this is really going to help me. I want to lose weight but its so hard to choose steamed veggies when I have a sweet tooth. Chocolate is my weakness.
So Sheryl I would love recipes for Hot Double Chocolate Mousse Cakes & chocolate pudding when you have the chance. Thank you so much & To admin for added this.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra Amaya
wow this is really going to help me. I want to lose weight but its so hard to choose steamed veggies when I have a sweet tooth. Chocolate is my weakness.
So Sheryl I would love recipes for Hot Double Chocolate Mousse Cakes & chocolate pudding when you have the chance. Thank you so much & To admin for added this.
Sure thing Chandra! I will post them now in the recipe section for ya! Let us know how they turn out.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:30 AM   #8
Janet

Most all of those sound really good. Sure wish I liked to cook.... I think that is part of my weight loss problem too. Oh I love veggies, cooked or raw, but I don't cook much that doesn't come from a box or frozen. I'm more for fast and easy than taking my time fixing something and then having to clean up the mess. Don't think I don't ever cook, please. I do, but not every evening.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:01 PM   #9
Shada

Thought I would share with you all how I lost 30 pounds and continue to keep it off.
Losing weight is hard. Dieting is not fun at all, all we all know.

What worked for me is using the Weight Watchers Point System.
I did not join Weight Watchers. I had a co-worker that was a member of Weight Watchers buy the books for me. Ebay also sells them.

Using this program, you can eat what you want. Count your points. When your points are used up, you are done for the day.

If we never eat those foods we love, we are miserable! Using this system, you can eat that food you love. In moderation.

Bottom line it is portion control. It can be done. Successfully. The easiest diet I have ever been on. And it works!!!

This program teaches you self control over the portion you put on your plate.
Yet you can still enjoy the foods you love.

Yes I still over-indulge occasionally. When that happens, I watch my intake for the next few days. Carefully. It is much easier to lose 5 pounds than 30 pounds.

I look for and buy low-fat items. You really can not tell the difference. The only thing to keep in mind is the all important portion control.

Example: I love ice cream. I buy the frozen yogurt now. Tasty. I have to have Chips Ahoy cookies. I now buy the reduced fat and limit myself to 3 a day. Really not hard to do. I am satisfied.
For a extra treat I make a box of sugar free pudding. Yummy!!

We all have choices. Make your choice low-fat, sugar free, you will be amazed by what you can eat and still be satisfied.

Good luck to us all, as I said before, losing weight is hard. But it can be done.

I did it. Three years later I am still at my desired weight.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #10
Gina

Sherly, I am going to check out your recipes in the forum, keep posting them they all sound delicious. BTW Mandy is not the only one who loves Apple Martini's lol that is my favorite drink.Okay do you have a fat free one lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #11
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Sherly, I am going to check out your recipes in the forum, keep posting them they all sound delicious. BTW Mandy is not the only one who loves Apple Martini's lol that is my favorite drink.Okay do you have a fat free one lol

LOL Marilyn! First off and I say this with a sigh of relief. I did NOT post every recipe in that section forum from the list above in my other post. I just listed some items in the book I have. If you'd like any certain recipe that sounds appealing to you, I will more than happily type it up in the recipe forum here.

And...to answer your question if the Apple Martini is fat free, YUP sure is!!

I will go ahead and type it up just for you and mandy in the recipe section.

It does sound pretty darn good I have to admit. YUMMY!!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:37 PM   #12
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Uh, Sheryl, that was from Gina, not me. I would love to have some of your recipes, but will pass on the Martini. They were never one of my faves.

Good luck everybody on the weight loss. I've fall off the wagon big time and have been eating bread and pasta again. Will have to get with the program. Hopefully we can all encourage each other and meet our goals.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:47 AM   #13
Janet

I really think we'll all do better once the weather gets better and stays that way for ahwile. In the spring and summer, I'm a lot more active and outside more. I'm really looking forward to getting over this hump and on to more weighloss.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:35 AM   #14
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Uh, Sheryl, that was from Gina, not me. I would love to have some of your recipes, but will pass on the Martini. They were never one of my faves.

Good luck everybody on the weight loss. I've fall off the wagon big time and have been eating bread and pasta again. Will have to get with the program. Hopefully we can all encourage each other and meet our goals.

Ha ha..Oops sorry! It was late last night and I was sooo tired. My apologies.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:37 AM   #15
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I really think we'll all do better once the weather gets better and stays that way for ahwile. In the spring and summer, I'm a lot more active and outside more. I'm really looking forward to getting over this hump and on to more weighloss.
I think you are right Janet. The warmer temps do tend to bring more activity into people's lives. I am sure you will get over the hump you find yourself in. And just remember your earlier post. You said you were not going to give up and that attitutde you have helps me keep it going also.