4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 01-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Good intentions

Dh is home and has had a long tiring week on the road. He got here this morning and has been busy pretty much non stop with small chores like picking up groceries for the truck, finalizing his weekly paperwork and getting it sent out, etc.

Since I have people coming at 9 am to pick up Liy, I have been trying to pick up as he messes... since he's one to leave papers, a shirt, his shoes, and so on laying around while he goes from job to job. So he's got his paperwork spread all over the breakfast nook which is the first thing people see when they walk in... and I promised not to touch it and he promised to put it away. Then he fell asleep. LOL

I know he had the best of intentions... and I understand why he's beat tonight.
But that doesn't help clean up these things that I want done before our guests arrive. It's funny... the cleaner the house is, the more annoying each little thing is that's left out of place. I have to check myself because it makes me hyper critical... and that's not a nice way to be.

So would you keep your word and leave his papers for him to put away in the morning and just hope he gets it done before 9? Or would you gather them up and just make sure to keep it all together?
Old 01-12-2008, 05:04 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I would like for it to be done, but on the other hand, you want you home to look lived in...not on display. I would rather see how someone really lives and not a 'show' they put on for me. When I have company...any kind...I run the sweeper and may dust a little, oh and make sure the kitchen counters are clean, but that's it.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
Tink

Thanks Janet, I ended up leaving it and now, with our buyers due any minute, it IS done.
I vacuumed, gave Moses a quick brushing, but am trying not to stress over details.

I've got the contract printed out, her puppy pack put together, and Lily in the house so she'd have time to settle down before they meet her.

I'll miss the little stinker, but am glad she's going too.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:21 AM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Goodbye Lilly! You'll train your new owners right, I'm sure. Having Tink as your breeder, you've got good values. Prayers and hugs to you, little girl, for a happy life.

Tink - I would have left those papers too. He's a good man and they weren't coming to buy the table, just the dog.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Good-bye Lily! Be a good girl for your new family. I'll miss you!!!!

It sounds like you've got everything back in order this morning. I would have left my husband's papers as they were and let him clean them up. My husband is so particular about things that I would probably have his "system" all messed up and be in trouble. When it comes to his desk and paper work ---I leave it alone!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
Tink

I actually shed a few tears when Lily left this morning.
I'm glad her new family seemed like such nice people... or I might not have been able to let her go.

What a wimp I am! LOL
I had spent a lot of time with that little sweetie and naturally got attached. They did promise to send me pictures and updates on her, so I hope they follow through.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #7
Janet

It can pull on the heartstrings can't it Tink? Well if they signed a contract you can always call them. Believe me, I do. I either call or email and ask for pictures.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #8
Tink

Yes Janet, they signed a contract and most have been very good about sending me updates, pictures, etc so far.

Do you take deposits prior to breeding? I have someone asking if it will since they want to be sure to get a female out of our next litter. I wouldn't mind doing it, but it's not something I've done before, so would have to research it a bit.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:24 AM   #9
Janet

No Tink I haven't. I don't even take a deposit until they are at a minimum 6 weeks old. I don't even let anyone see them until they've had their first shot. Call me "particular'...LOL

I do take their name and number. I do keep a list of who calls first and contact them accordingly, but it's still no guarantee they'll get one of my babies. I will call them after they've had their first set of shots to see if they are still interested and if they would like to come see them, but that's it.

I'm so anxious for Gidget to have her puppies. Today I'm going to get everything set up for her...she's due next Sunday. I started taking her temp this morning and we'll have x-rays done on Wednesday.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I would have cried too Tink. She's been your baby for quite a while now.

I always felt sad at the end of a year when I would lose my students. (I never cried though!) I saw them every day and loved every one of them, give or take 1 or 2 over the years.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #11
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

You are not a wimp Tink. I don't think I could be a breeder. I would never let any of them go. I could never be a foster parent either,- for animals or children.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #12
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I don't blame you for shedding a few tears when Lily left. I just about cried when you said that she was going to a new home because I thought that you were going to keep her. But I do understand that plans change. Getting attached to the puppies is one of the reasons that I don't think that I could be a breeder. I'd have to call all of my prospective buyers and tell them to forget it that I'd changed my mind and was keeping them. Of course, the next day my death would be on the news because my husband would have killed me for keeping all of them!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote