4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

My turn to vent......

I'm going to try and keep this short but it's actually been a very long and fustrating friendship.

Glen and I are friendly at church and often take new couples out to eat when they come. We made friends with a couple that we ended up being friends with......not close friends. Anyway, they've just gone through a very, very messy divorce.......one with wife battering, police, and upset kids. Glen and I have really tried to help the wife, Jody. She's gone to nursing school and has been working and supporting herself and the two kids that live with her.

Every time she has a problem in her life she calls us.....yelling, beligerent, very dramatic....and it's not just once a day...it's all day long!! Yesterday she decided that she's moving back to Kansas City where she came from. I don't know how many phone calls we had from her and then she talked a woman into driving with her to another town to get a U-haul and wanted us to drive her to KC today. I've seen how she moves before and it's just things thrown in a box and it takes more time because you have to wait for her to do it. Glen finally talked her out of getting a U-haul and waiting a day. (Today wasn't a good day for us to move her anyway.) Oh, BTW, we have a corner of our basement filled with her stuff that's been there for a year.....and we had to sprayed for roaches as we brought it in....YUCK!!!

Jody called me last night to let me know that she was NOT out of control and that she had everything planned out. I told her that she had better have everything packed and ready to go or Glen would be mad. I also told her that she had better have a storage unit ready because we weren't going to be happy if we had to drive around all day looking for one.

I'm so ready for her to move......we only get calls when she's really depressed and she hints around for money. Our church is very giving and they bought her a car after her divorce which we helped with. I'm in trouble with her because I haven't stopped by, but she had a boyfriend that she was drinking with. She doesn't make good decisions with her life and is soooo dramatic whenever there's a problem. Her family won't have anything to do with her.....she can't keep a job.....and she can't keep friends. I am so ready for her to move. Sorry that this is long...there is sooo much more that I could say about what we've been through with her but you'd be reading all day long about it.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote