4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
toodles

Send a message via AIM to toodles
Red face Today is my daughters birthday!!!

I CANNOT believe she is 6 years old already! where does the time go? I took her to school this morning and she asked me "so, am I 6??" I said yes and she just gave this giggle and said "cool". LOL she is such a doll. I adore her.

Did I ever tell you the story about her coming into my life? I doubt I did so here goes....

I was 22 and having a horrible time. I was so incredibly depressed. My entire family had gone downhill, my mother in prison AGAIN, my brother in prison AGAIN, my grandmother diagnosed with cancer and not going to make it, my father died. I was just depressed. There were times I would be driving and want to just run off a cliff. Literally. I was dating my best friend and totally in love. Well, we were living in sin and not really caring about the consequenses. We were living life and having fun. I have never been one to party or drink or do drugs or anything like that. But I did live pretty care free. Well, my mom asked if I was on birth control and I said "no, I dont have a job and can't really afford it right now". Well...hmmm....THAT made sense now didn't it?? LOL. about a month later I found out I was preggers. I was DEVISTATED. the timing could not have been worse...so I thought. I had just gotten a new job with insurance THANK GOD. I really just didn't see how that was going to work out...I was NOT ready for a baby. I was still battling with depression and just really wanted to die. Well, I got over my shock and started getting excited. Trinity's father was very excited and we just accepted it and started making plans. I was still going through depression issues but because I knew I was carrying a special life inside me, I could never hurt myself. I would find myself many times contemplating suicide but would not even attempt because of my special baby. I could never do her harm. And once she was born, I was in love. I never thought I could love ANYONE the way I loved her. And I could never do anything to hurt her. My depression went away. I had a reason to live and I had a reason to be happy.

I remember thinking to myself that even though I thought it was the worst time ever for me to get pregnant, God had a bigger plan. He knew what He was doing. He had it all figured out. I thought I was being punished for living in sin but He wasn't punishing me, He was saving me. This is why I say she is my angel. my guardian angel.

This is just another reason why she is so special to me. It is so hard to think that it has been 6 years since that time in my life. I will never forget the day she came into this world and the intense love and admiration I had for her. It will never change and it will never be forgotten.

Thanks for listening

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!!!!

Mandee
toodles is offline   Reply With Quote