4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
nikki91775

Seems like I am forever single.

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, but looking for some advice.

So here is the story .... I am 33 years old and ended a bad five year relationship back in March. I know, this was a relationship that should have ended two years ago, but I guess I was not a strong enough person to leave the situation. I have definitely learned from that experience. So I moved out of the shared house and back into my parents house. Quickly after I moved in with my parents, a friend of the family wanted to date me - so I did and after 6 months that ended, right around Halloween. I was devastated at first, but I have gotten over it. I have been single for two months and concentrating on me - I go to the gym 5 nights a week, etc, but there is still that void - honestly I do not want to be alone and I keep thinking that I want to be married and start a family. And to be perfectly honest, I do not want to be single, but I feel like I am in this weird place I cannot get out of. The worse thing is, all of my friends just got married about 2 to 3 years ago and are starting to have babies so needless to say I have no partners in crime to go out with. Everyone talks about Internet dating and I have tried that too, but I just do not like that.

I guess my big question is..... has anyone felt like this.... .like you will be single forever and that life that you long for is just not happening for you?