4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Very sad

Jessie's little 5 year old Japanese Chin died yesterday. He got into the whelping room with Princess, one of the malamutes, who gave birth to eleven adorable puppies on Wednesday, and she attacked him. Jessie had run out to the store, and left Brandon home. Steve was doing work outside.

Poor Brandon tried to stop Princess with a broom. This is the second much loved small dog that was killed by a malamute in their house, and the second time that Brandson saw it.

Jessie wants to get rid of all of the malamutes at this point. She says that she will never feel comfortable, even with one. I am praying that Steve doesn't give her a hard time about this. So far, they haven't really discussed the whole thing, as far as I know.

The kids are heartbroken and so are Jessie and Steve. Oreo was theirs when the kids were all young, and they have grown up with him. He was such a happy dog! He also was Jessie's dog. When she was in bed for three years with MS, he stayed by her side and really gave her great comfort. They are all having a difficult time with this loss! I can't even think about it! I love Oreo.

There also is conflict because they love the malamutes. They kept two puppies from the last litter, and they are just adorable. Diva is also expecting a litter this week.

So, they have 6 adult malamutes, two 4 month old puppies, 11 newborn puppies, and who knows how many Diva will have. They will sell the puppies.
Jessie is going to cut the price down if necessary.

If it were me, I would just give them all away to good homes, and it would be finished. I will mind my own business though.

What began as a wonderful thing - the birth of 11 healthy little puppies has ended up as a tragedy!

I am taking Smoochie, their other Japanese Chin, for a while so that he is safe.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote