4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #31
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
You know what Janet, controlling your eating is really really hard! Think about it. When you stop smoking, you stop and you don't physically need a cigarette (after you get past the physical aspect of addition). Same with drugs, alcohol, etc. You can just not smoke, not drink, not take drugs.

BUT you CANNOT go without food - you HAVE to eat, it's not something you can give up cold turkey and say, I will never eat a bite of anything again.

So, this makes controlling your eating doubly hard. It's true, controlling your eating may be much more difficult that any thing else.
That is so true Gayle....and it is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do....and again...I think I'm failing. We finally were able to use the gift card the guy who hit our tree gave us and this is what I ate for supper....fried jalepeno peppers, fried cheese puffs, fried broccoli and cauliflower, fried onion rings, fried catfish curls, tarter sauce and 2 beers. Now is this a heart attack waiting to happen or what????
I was absolutely miserable when we left. Oh yeah...I forgot to add a piece of garlic bread to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I have been eating Lean Cuisine for lunches and dinners, and all of these low fat, 100 calories snacks for about 3 or 4 weeks. I cheat OFTEN! For example, I went to Kingston on Tuesday, so I had my McDonald's. I'm losing, but veeerrrryyyy slowly.

I kind of like having a lo cal meal all ready in 5 minutes, but once I am outside, real food is so enticing!

Keep it up, Janet! I'm not going for thin anymore - just thinner! Keep your goals small and cheat every so often. Or, were you going for the bikini look? I'm not!
Me????? Bikini????? No way....LOL. I think the bikini days are over for good. I've got to do better, that's all there is to it or I'm afraid it's going to kill me.