4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

New TV!

OMG!!!!!!!!! Why why why why does buying and setting up a new TV have to be so difficult! WHY!

Our SEVEN year old TV has been slowly dying the past few weeks - the pixels were going out right in the middle of the screen which made a big blue spot. So, we've been researching new TVs and they are so darned complicated - I SWEAR, it takes a genius to figure things out!!!

We bought one today - WAY more TV that we really need, but watching TV is Gary's main entertainment when I am at work, so getting a really good one for him is a necessity.

We got one that has WiFi - so you can get on the internet through the TV, not really like your computer, but we can access Netflix (the real reason we got it), facebook, e-bay, CNN and a few other websites, right on the TV. It's pretty cool. You can do the same thing on any TV by adding an internet Blue-Ray DVD player. Like I said, we really did it so he can watch movies through Netflix. Even though we have several movie channels, it is not unusual for him to have seen all the movies on the movie channels several times. So, being able to watch through Netflix, gives him more movie options.

Anyway, it is a 60 inch screen - pretty big, but Gary has trouble with his vision and he has had radial keratotomy surgery (it's like the original Lasix eye surgery) and his eyes are very weird now and glasses only partially correct his vision. Thus, the 60 inch TV helps him to be able to see the TV much better.

We also got the LED lighting which makes the picture much brighter and looks much better. It is an absolutely gorgeous picture. It came with a Blue Ray player (free) but it plays DVDs at twice the speed so it sounds like the chipmunks. We took it back and got another one but it does it too, so maybe it is something that is hooked up wrong - who knows. We've called Sony but have to call back tomorrow during business hours.

I just feel like the new TV is so complicated that I could easily mess things up and not be able to get it to work at all!!! That hasn't happened so far, but goodness, electronics are so complicated now!