4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I've had enough of doctor's offices today!

I just have to vent! As you know Gary and I are in doctor's offices A LOT! Most of the time, everything goes well. Today though, we were in THREE offices in one day! I'll tell you what, that's toooooo many!

The receptionist in the first office was a real piece of work. She didn't smile and was very brusque. We had downloaded all the forms from the internet and had them all completed for her - EXCEPT - we didn't fill out the medication list on the forms. We never do, we bring a typed list of all his meds. That's what all of our other offices want. But NOOOOO, that was not good enough for miss sourpuss. She said that I would have to copy all his meds onto THEIR sheet. Well, I did, but not very legibly, I must admit. I took it back up to her and said, "My handwriting is not very good so I suggest you attach my neatly typed list". He takes SEVENTEEN freakin' meds! I know that was not really that big of a deal, but I do think that the receptionist at the front desk should at least be personable.

OK, the next doctor's office was great! The dermatologist - although she looked like she was about 25 - was really nice. The receptionist, the nurse, and the doctor were all chipper, helpful and nice!

THEN I went for my bone density scan. OH MY! I was the last patient of the day for the lady doing the scan. You don't EVER want to be the last patient of the day for THIS woman. They didn't send me the paperwork to fill out ahead of time, so she was mad about that. Then, I couldn't remember the brand name of the multivitamin I take. The reason that was important was so she would know how much calcium was in the vitamin. It didn't matter that I knew there was 200 mg of Calcium, nope, that was not good enough, she needed the brand name, I didn't know it and I was BAD. So, she gave a big sigh and said, "didn't they tell you to bring your bottles"? Nope. OK, now we get through the calcium and vitamin D ordeal (and I KNOW she won't have the correct dosage down on my paperwork which my doctor will look at and tell me I'm not taking the right amount of calcium - sigh - and I'll have to tell her that I am - sign again). So, next she said, "Do you have on an underwire bra"? I laugh and say, "I don't even own an underwire bra." So, she said, "come on into the scan room and lay on the table". Now, they did tell me not to wear any metal, so I have on pull up knit pants and a knit shirt. After the underwire bra question I say, "I do have metal hooks on the back of my bra" and she says, "Well you better unhook it if you don't want it to interfere with the scan and have to do it over again". I'm thinking, "Well, why didn't you tell me to take off my bra, you crazy woman!!!"

Then after the scan is done, and my tits are hanging down, she says, "you can go now" and I say, "uhhhhh, is there someplace I can put my bra back on?" and she gives me another big old sigh, and says, "over there in the bathroom"

Let me tell you all - I was ready to be DONE with rude medical people today!