4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Work

I feel better writing about this from home than from work... but remember my supervisor I was having issues with in the past few years? Well, I haven't had issues with him in a long time. In fact, I've really liked him and he's helped me out a lot when I'm in a bind lately. Of course he has his other duties, taking care of the company vehicles, organizing everything having to do with computers, repairs, and supplies.

I figured he was out on a job when he only came in a few hours last week. Someone asked where he was today and I said he must be out doing something. They said his office is really clean. I asked the receptionist and she said a little birdie told her he's done with the company. I couldn't believe it. He came in for an hour today and I asked him to find something for me and he took care of it, getting the IT people to get back to me, because he wouldn't be around anymore. It's just all very weird. Was he fired? Did he quit? What's going on? Nobody knows and it's just swept under the rug, nobody has mentioned a thing about it. The receptionist was quietly told just to remove his name from the office list. He's been there the 3rd longest behind the ex manager and the new manager. Now that leaves me being the 3rd in line. And I've only been there for 4 years.

It just all feels a little sickening to me. I had a week of feeling okay and now I feel worried about my job again. I was head of the drafting department, and now without anyone telling me, one of the guys from Arizona is head of the drafting department. We had a meeting today about some standards he is on a committee for (that I TRIED to get started for the past 3 years!) and he named another contracted worker from Arizona as the last person on that committee. I am being overlooked and I think I'm right down to the bottom of the totem pole again. I don't know why and I don't know what's going on.

Even the receptionist said she doesn't feel secure anymore. She said whenever the manager talks to her without making eye contact, she thinks she's the next to be canned.

I must be secure for now, with the conversation I just had with my manager, but I can't always work those kinds of hours and I know that will make me look worse, and I think maybe I should keep my eyes peeled for other opportunities if they might arise I just hate what's happening there lately. I just feel sick for my old supervisor and his family... he has been doing a lot more lately than he ever did before and I don't know why this is happening.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote