4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
They call it progress!!

We have a major highway coming our way, it's called The Hoosier Heartland Corridor, it will be a 4 lane express highway, there are segments of it started at several different points from town to town and then there are parts of it that are already open and being used, not sure just how long it will be when finished which won't be for several years yet. Well they are starting the segement right in front of my house which will be an on/off ramp just a little farther down the road from me, they started cutting the trees down, only took them less than 30 min to cut down a batch of them, they still have some to cut, which i will not miss in the least, they are "catalpa tree's, they are very dirty tree's with long beans in the fall and worms in the summer, people travel up and down the road for the worms to fish with. Any ways they are messy trees and it all falls in our yard.
There is a house and cow pasture right across the road from us, no one has lived in the house for the past 15 yrs or so but the cows are left there, the man that owns the house and cows lives in another town close by, he owns more land and has more money than probably he knows of, but he lives like a bum. The state has made him an offer on his land and he has refused to sell it, he's trying to fight it in the court system, but we all know how that will go, he has till a certain date to remove his cows and then they will just take it over I understand how he feels, there was another couple close by that the state bought their 100 some year old farm house that had been handed down to family, as i am sure there are 100's of other families that had to up root and move to make way for this progress, it's sad but you can't beat the system when the state is invovled. With that being said, i kind of wish they would have made us an offer on our house, my hubby lived here with his ex (not in this house, we put a new one in) and alot of his ex relatives live very close, in fact his ex lives right behind us,(don't ask LOL), i don't have alot of attachment to this area and would love to start over some place brand new to both of us.
So it will be a long hot,dusty summer of dump trucks and other equipment, i drove through it all last summer on another segement they were working on and some days it was like a white out, there was so much dust blowing that you could see it for a couple miles away.
I may be wrong on this but i think this highway will connect from Fort Wayne Indiana to Lafayett Indiana which is probably a few hundred miles.
So they call this progress!!!