4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #34
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

No, the house still sits as it was. I did mention that Brenda signed a contract with Althea to buy it before she died. No one knew about it but those two. Brenda has been home a couple of times but hasn't really done much about the house or the contents.

She had asked a long time ago about what the kids wanted and mine just wanted a few small things.......and Althea had some quilts that were to be given to the ones who had just gotten married and none of that stuff has been given out. I've have figured that I'm not going to get anything and as much as that hurts I've come to accept it. It just makes me furious that my kids are left out.......but that's exactly how my MIL wanted it.

There is certainly enough stuff in there that it could be shared with the whole family because she was a hoarder. I think that is why she set things up the way she did. She just couldn't bear the thought that any of her stuff was passed out. She had some real problems!

Dae Lynn and Damon invited Damon's Dad to come and look that the house they were interested in. He's offered to help on the down payment but when he got there he was a jerk. He didn't want to look at anything!! After he left Damon had crawled under the house and had some questions so he called Glen to come and look at things. It ends up that the house has termite damage......severely. The woman knew there was damage and had kept it sprayed but I don't think that she had ever crawled under there to see it. The kids ended up offering her a much lower price than what they had originally considered and she turned them down. I know that the kids are really disapointed but they know that the damage could be worse than you can see so they're feeling like they made the right decision.

I'm disappointed too. The house is a cute older home with a beautiful yard and is right on the river.....not too far from us. The house needed some work on it but was still in nice condition. Oh well.......things will work out!!!

Since Damon's Dad is willing to help with the down payment they're going to look into some other homes soon. Damon's Dad is really going through the money he got from Margaret's life insurance policy so they are probably going to get something soon or the money won't be there.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!

Last edited by DianaB; 06-20-2012 at 09:36 AM.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote