4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #16
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

So funny, Gayle!!!

We used to have an old lady who lived across the street from us and she had a fence around her yard and garden. If our ball went into her yard we had to knock on the door and ask permission to get it. Well.....her strawberry patch was close to the fence and some of the boys reached their arms through the fence and was picking her strawberries and eating them.......she yelled at us that she was going to call the police. She didn't but it was a threat that she often used. We never did know her very well......she was a grumpy old woman!!!

My first bicyle was a full sized bicycle with training wheels that I got for Christmas. Riding it in the house was impossible so it was put in the garage. The next summer my Dad said that if I wasn't going to ride it then he was going to get rid of it. I told him that if he would take the training wheels off of it then I would. I hated the bumping back and forth that it did with the training wheels on it. So I took it out in the front yard because we lived on a gravel road and tried and tried and tried to ride the bike. I can remember falling and falling which wasn't easy with a full sized bike......but I did learn to ride it!!

When I got a few years older......I came home from school one day and there was a nice new bicyle in the front yard. My Mom used to ride bicycles with a friend for exercise so I assumed that it was the friend's bicycle. It ended up that it was for me!! It was the first bicyle that I saw that had the narrower tires. Dad called it an English Racer!! I was so excited!! My Dad was always a softie for me!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote