4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

What Else can I do

I am just in need of a rant.

Ok, I am having issues with my youngest at school. He is really behind in his classes and I don't feel the school is doing anything to help me. On Mon I received a note saying that my boy didn't turn in his homework. When I ask him about it he said it was in his backpack but the teacher didn't let him grab it from his backpack (in class closet). I put a note back asking why he couldn't grab his backpack and this was her responce:

"No ma'am, his suppose to get all his stuff from his backpack when he sits down."

She also went on to say she couldn't get him in Saturday tutorial because he wasn't interested in it. I am beyond furious. I wrote back saying it was very silly not to let him grab his homework from his backpack (since I did buy the backpack so he could put his homework in there) and silly that the backpacks had to stay in closet (which I know that could be arguable). I think she got mad because I e-mail the principle about having my boy tested for dyslexia. Which I had talk to her about and my sons counselor at school. It took almost 5 months for them to send me the papers for testing and that's only after I e-mail the principle. My boy is behind and I even drop classes to stay home and tutor him. He needs a professional who specializes in understanding how he learns to help him. She has told me his not mature, goodness his 10yrs old and he doesn't care to improve, well of course not his being put down left and right. First month in her class and she was already telling me if I think is best if he repeated the 5th grade His starting to act up in class and to my understanding that's normal for kids who fall behind.

I don't know who else to talk to in school. She also told me he needs a tutor. Well DUH!!! he does. He doesn't need a high school tutor that does this for lunch money he needs a professional that knows how to handle teaching special needs. Just to make things clear his not in special ed but he has trouble understanding how to read. He reverses his D and B and can't tell me what he just read. I would think those are huge hints for a teachers to grasp. Ok I'm done for now.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote