4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Drama!

I can not WAIT for my brother's wedding to be over in just 4 more weeks. There is so much drama and so many mixed messages and changes of plans and it is so frustrating for the whole family!

To start, my brother asked my dad about a week and a half ago to be a groomsman at his wedding. They have been engaged for two years now, and had their wedding party chosen basically right after their engagement. So this came out of nowhere, and I'm not sure why. Now my dad has to go to the city and buy a suit to match everyone else. They are not offering to pay for that, and of course, my dad isn't going to say no.

My cousin who recently got married in New Orleans had planned a supper at home with family so her kids could be involved and the rest of the family that didn't go down for the wedding could at least have some part of the wedding. She planned it for the weekend before we all leave for Mexico for my brother's wedding. She doesn't live here but most of the family does, or at least near, so she had planned to come up here to have the supper so it's convenient for everyone else. I mentioned the date to my mom and my grandma, so they'd keep it free until my cousin was able to invite them.

The next day, my brother texted me, frantically asking what our cousin is planning that day, and who she is inviting, because my mom told him about the supper but now his fiance wants to plan her bridal shower for the same day. I said well that's fine, if the bridal shower is in the afternoon, we can still all make it to the wedding supper. He said well he has to figure out when everyone can go because that's the only day everyone can be there for the bridal shower and if it's not until later, there will be a conflict and she REALLY wants me to be there. Right. By the end of the day, he had decided they'd move the shower to a different weekend instead.

The next day, I got a text again saying no, the shower will be the original weekend, but it will be early in the afternoon. I said great, I can make it to both events then, as well as the rest of our family! By the way, this was only last week.

Two days ago, my cousin made concrete plans for her supper, so she contacted everyone, including my brother, telling them the day and the time of her wedding supper. The next morning, my brother called my mom and told her that they are planning to do a supper after the bridal shower with just all of their wedding party, which includes my dad and another cousin, who are obviously both already invited to my cousin's wedding supper. I mean, this is all just so petty, it feels like they want to try to steal everyone from my cousin's celebration!

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but they did a Facebook event for their actual wedding and invited people to the group as their wedding invitation. My mom talked to her mother (my grandmother) two nights ago, and get this, SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW MY BROTHER WAS GETTING MARRIED! She would not go to Mexico, but she's our grandma and deserves a courtesy invite! I know my brother didn't send invitations, but she didn't even get a phone call or anything to let her know he was getting married in Mexico in November. If you don't have Facebook, too bad, you're not invited. Our grandma who lives here just heard it through word of mouth and had to get in touch with my brother for details.

By the way, nobody has actually gotten any sort of invitation or been contacted about the bridal shower either, other than my brother texting me and calling my mom.

My mom was frustrated so she called me at least 3 times last night, all worked up about it all... my cousin found out about them planning another supper on the same night and she was frustrated and venting to me about it. My grandma is frustrated because they're storing her wedding dress at her house and she doesn't ever hear from them or know what's going on, and she's frustrated that she doesn't even know their wedding date (because she doesn't have Facebook) and that nobody is telling her anything besides hearsay from the rest of the family.

I feel like I always end up in the middle of these things because everyone wants to vent to me! So thanks for letting me vent here! Maybe this should have gone in that section instead lol....

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote