4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Can't win!

Last night we had our after hours call night again at the bank. I got 2 solid appointments, and permission to call 3 people back at specific times to get them to firm up times to come in. So in essence, I got 5. My manager, who has 8 years of experience to my "just under" 4 months, got 1.

Today, he met with one of my appointments, and ended up with $12,000 worth of new money deposited into the bank. It had taken me 3 calls over a 2 month period to get them to come in, but was obviously worth working for.

EXCEPT, when I commented that I was glad I'd kept working with this couple to get the appointment, my managers response was "I've known them for years and used to chat with Mr, at least once a week, so I know that's why they came in."

Excuse me?!? He'd exhausted an old list and called it his "crap list" since he wasn't able to get anymore people on it to set appointments. I got them off this list since I'd never met either of them before. So now it's HIS accomplishment? I have a quota that I'm supposed to meet each week, but can only count those I refer from the teller line. I'm supposed to make a minimum of 3 appointments each week from my calls, but don't get credit for them. I do however get chastized if I don't meet that quota. Yet I bring in customers who make good deposits and HE takes the credit and gets paid a commission for it.

You know, I wouldn't even mind if he wasn't always cutting me down for other stuff. I just figure if you're going to criticize, you should also be able to give credit when due. Is this so outrageous?