4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > 4WT Book Club

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

My summer reads :)

I thought I'd make a list of the books I read over the summer, and what I thought of them

Stuck in Downward Dog by Chantel Simmons
This is about a girl who gets dumped by her boyfriend, and basically left with nothing. Her friends are growing apart from her and she all of a sudden decides she needs a whole identity makeover and tries to be everything she thinks people want her to be. It's just a funny book about something I think all women go through at some point in their lives.

Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner
A plus-sized writer breaks up with her boyfriend, also a writer, and then realizes he got a job at a national women's magazine and his first article was called "Loving a Larger Woman" and it's all about her. This book is about her struggles with her self esteem, and figuring out who she really is. It was a really good story

Frenemies by Megan Crane
A girl is about to turn 30 and has great friends, a great boyfriend, and a great job. That is until she walks in on her boyfriend making out with her old college roommate. Again, this book is about a struggle to find out about herself and her friendships, with a lot of funny revenge stories. I've definitely been in her shoes before!

Wicked by Gregory Maguire
I've wanted to read this book for ages, and now that we're going to go see the show in NYC I thought it was about time This is the life story of the Wicked Witch of the West. It paints the whole story of Oz and everyone who lives there, and it just makes it seem like you're getting the whole story of the politics and history of that little world. It's very very well written and it was a great story

The New Yorkers by Cathleen Schine
Kyle picked this book out for me when we went to the book store together and I'm glad he found it! This is a book about dog lovers, dog owners, and one dog hater, all living on the same block in NYC. I like how it tells the stories of so many different people, and how they interact, through acquaintences, fights, and romances, and how the dogs have been the one thing common between them all.

I think that's all I've read this summer... I can't think of any more! Anyways I'm off to the book store to stock up again

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote