4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
KimberlysRN

The new you...

Now that school I promised that I would get back in shape. I have always been thin and ever since nursing school I gained a bit of weight. When I started I was 125 (I am 6'0 tall, and according to the doctor I was suppose to weight more) now I am 165. That is 40 pounds that I gained. I carry it well as everyone tells me, but its not really so much the weight as how I feel. Before I started the nursing program I exercised at 5-6 days a week. I at least went out every morning and took a walk for a few miles, but usually I went to the gym. Once the program started I found that I had to decide more and more between studying and excercising. Many times study groups were in town and we all ate out. Anywho...now I am trying really hard to eat right, keep alot of fruits in the house and get back to me how I was before. I don't want to be 125 again as I know I looked way too thin but I want to feel energetic again, not feel like sleeping all the time, and just laying around. I have been talking my BF dog for walks every day for a few miles (he needs it more then me). I am starting to feel alot better but want to do more. Because I am a new grad I can't get a gym membership or join WW, but I want to do more.

What else does everyone do for excercise that does cost very much?